Rob Ellis has been at Sportsradio WIP since May, 2007. Prior to his arrival at WIP, Rob worked at the “other” sportstalk station in town. In addition to hosting nights and weekends at the station, he works as a Senior Producer at Comcast SportsNet, producing AT&T Daily News Live and Pro Football Now. Rob was honored with a Mid-Atlantic Emmy Award in 2006. He also worked in production at ESPN in the mid-nineties.
Ellis grew up in Upper Darby, Pa and is a proud Temple University alum. Among his fondest Philly sporting memories are being a nine year-old kid at Game 6 of the 1980 World Series when the Phillies won their one and only championship (thinking this would happen every year). And being in the Phillies dugout when the Sixers 1983 Championship parade concluded at the Vet. He is also an avid college sports fan and Heisman Trophy voter.
Rob is a married father of two, son, Bobby and daughter, Maddie. In between jobs, Rob coaches his son’s tee-ball.
Connect with Rob Ellis on Twitter: @robellis94
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Rapper To Project Music Video Onto 3 Philadelphia Landmarks
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...