Meteorologist Katie Fehlinger joined CBS 3 and The CW Philly’s morning news team in September, 2011.
Previously, Fehlinger had been the weekend morning news forecaster for WCBS in New York. Before coming to CBS, Fehlinger was a forecaster for nearly five years at AccuWeather, Inc. in State College, Pennsylvania. While at AccuWeather, Fehlinger served as a regular football, baseball, and hockey game day weather reporter for several regional Fox Sports Networks, NESN, YES, and the Big Ten Network. She has appeared on a host of other major networks including FOX News, FOX Business, ESPN and ABC. Fehlinger’s reports brought a niche emphasis to climate change issues and the weather’s effects on sports.
A Lehigh Valley native, Fehlinger began her broadcasting career there at RCN 4 located in Bath, Pennsylvania and later did feature reporting for WLVT-TV’s Emmy award-winning news/magazine show Tempo! In 2006 she switched her focus to weather – and her passion for meteorology has grown ever since. Her first-ever live shot was an update for FOX News on the tornadoes ripping through the Midwest. “I never had a more exciting moment professionally,” says Fehlinger. “I knew I had chosen the right career.”
Fehlinger graduated summa cum laude from Cedar Crest College in Allentown with a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications. She also holds a Bachelor of Sciences degree in geosciences from Mississippi State University.
Fehlinger now resides in Delaware County, Pennsylvania.
A beautiful end to the work week, and one of those days you’ll want to enjoy while you can … because it won’t last long!
Tuesday will be a nicer day compared to Monday with no umbrellas required with some sun and a high temperature of 46. However, it will be a breezy day with gusts peaking around 30 mph in between systems.
The coldest air thus far this season is taking over, and being reinforced by a quickly evolving and fast-moving system that will also usher in a little light snow mainly late this evening, just enough to drop a nuisance coating across the Delaware Valley.
Calling all night owls & early birds – this one’s for you! Grab a nice heavy coat, a warm fuzzy hat, a mug of coffee – and just look up.
The latest track now takes the storm into central Delaware as a Category 1 hurricane Tuesday morning.
Philadelphia police are searching for a suspect who caught on tape casually breaking into a cell phone store and stealing nearly $4,000 in cash.
- Man Sues South Philly Sex Shop, Claims Gel Burned His Weenie
- Okla. Tornado Is Another Tragedy Requiring Vigilance By All Parents of Young Kids
- 'Operation Swill' Targets NJ Bars Found Selling Cheap Liquor In Premium Bottles
- Tech Company Looking To Fill Open Jobs With Adults With Autism
- Veteran Phila. Police Narcotics Officer Caught in FBI Sting, Charged With Ripoff
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...