Jay Lloyd — a voice long familiar to Newsradio listeners — provides recreation and leisure reports to Delaware Valley residents every Thursday on KYW.
Until his “retirement” in 2005, Jay was KYW’s Suburban Bureau chief since the bureau’s inception in 1972.
In 2012, Jay was inducted into the Broadcast Pioneers Hall of Fame (see related story).
Jay is an avid skier and sailor — the latter probably no surprise since much of his very early career in broadcasting took place in the Caribbean and the years before that in the US Coast Guard.
Now, KYW is delighted to be able to bring you Jay Lloyd’s “Getaway” reports, in which he reveals some of the special destinations he was discovered during his extensive travels.
Jay lives with his wife and daughter in Montgomery County.
There is a thrill-a-second alternative to skiing or snowboarding on a winter mountain getaway.
A winter Valentine’s getaway can blend romance and action. Here are three places to enjoy it all.
So, here I am, two weeks in a row, talking about New York delis.
If you ever thought about grazing your way through a getaway, you might want to head for the Lower East Side of Manhattan.
There’s a whole world of warm weather to cut the winter chill.
“All our instructors love kids. They love teaching,” says Rick Buckman, who owns and operates Spring Mountain.
Jay finds a western tradition that has reached Pennsylvania slopes.
Last Christmas, finding myself and the whole clan in New York City, Chinatown was the ticket for dinner! But a sudden change of plans was required.
Mother Nature can be fickle this time of year, but Pocono mountain ski areas have lots of alternatives if there is no blast of winter before the big holiday week.
It’s an easy day-trip getaway.
For daytime relaxation, try surf fishing on Sunset Beach at Cape May Point.
History will soon forget the Petraeus–Broadwell tryst and its craggy Afghanistan backdrop. But for an immortal military scandal that rocked an empire, look no further than the pairing of Lord Nelson and Lady Hamilton.
It’s embarrassing to be flopping around in the snow like a beached whale, trying to get up after taking a spill on skis. Here’s a word of advice for the novice.
This time of year, some days feel like winter, and then right back into fall.
Gettysburg is a magnet for Civil War buffs the year round. But this week it’s an ideal fall getaway.
- Health: Dangerous Deals Undercover Investigations Leads To Man Running from CBS 3 Cameras Again
- Philly Embracing Role As Title Town For Colleges
- Labor Leaders Unveil Petition Calling On Mayor Nutter To Return Award Bearing Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Name
- President Obama To Visit Jersey Shore With Gov. Christie On Tuesday
- CBS Philly Stations Raise More Than $225,000 For Oklahoma Disaster Victims
- Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED Too Quick To Tweet
- Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-... WIP Morning Show Intern...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival Celebrity Photobombs
- GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze... 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta