Jay Lloyd — a voice long familiar to Newsradio listeners — provides recreation and leisure reports to Delaware Valley residents every Thursday on KYW.
Until his “retirement” in 2005, Jay was KYW’s Suburban Bureau chief since the bureau’s inception in 1972.
In 2012, Jay was inducted into the Broadcast Pioneers Hall of Fame (see related story).
Jay is an avid skier and sailor — the latter probably no surprise since much of his very early career in broadcasting took place in the Caribbean and the years before that in the US Coast Guard.
Now, KYW is delighted to be able to bring you Jay Lloyd’s “Getaway” reports, in which he reveals some of the special destinations he was discovered during his extensive travels.
Jay lives with his wife and daughter in Montgomery County.
As boaters and guests start a new season on the water, US Coast Guard veterans provide some hard-won safety tips.
If a special event brings you to center city Philadelphia, why not make a night and day of it?
May: it’s my favorite getaway month.
Traveling with children can mean compromises at lunch and dinner, but it doesn’t have to.
Celebration of the War of 1812 bicentennial continues next month with a rousing celebration of the woman who stopped a British admiral in his tracks.
Pennsylvania can take credit for creating your insatiable craving for chocolate — and for indulging it.
It’s exciting and dynamic, but not as sexy as it sounds.
Let’s sort out the senior discounts and dish them up with some subway savvy for riders of any age.
If you’re looking for a rare beer, begin your quest with a getaway to Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
The Philadelphia Flower Show is a once a year spectacular. but nearby Longwood Gardens is a year round spectacular. It’s also a great one day getaway.
There have been cases where ignoring storm warnings has proved deadly. Jay recounts a few.
The Guinness Storehouse, in Dublin, provides not only the authentic brew but a fabulous scenic view.
Getting around is a big part of any getaway, so let’s take a look at how native New Yorkers like me do it -– and have done it over the years.
Cruise ships have been getting a lot of attention lately -– mostly the bad kind. But here are a few helpful hints to get more enjoyment and less stress from a cruising getaway.
During winter getaways, things don’t always go as planned. So be ready to deal with some all-too-common pitfalls.
- Historical Monument To Overlook Graves Of Veterans In Philadelphia
- Author Hopes To Lure People Back Into Studying History With Book On Civil War
- Philadelphia To See Economic Boost From NCAA Lacrosse Championships
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...