Brandon Brooks has been a familiar voice and face in the Delaware Valley media since the early ’70s.
He first joined KYW Newsradio as a part-time anchor and reporter in 1989.
Brooks came on board full time in 1993, primarily anchoring afternoon drive, but also filling in on mornings, and anchoring weekday and weekend mornings on our sister station, KYW-TV3.
Brooks’ broadcasting career began in West Chester, Pa. in 1972. After stops in Myrtle Beach, SC and Wilmington, Del., he anchored afternoon drive at Philadelphia’s WPEN in the 1970s before going off the air to work as a news writer at WCAU-TV in Philadelphia in the early 1980s.
But the on-air bug had bitten, so Brandon moved on to television anchor positions in Altoona, Pa. and Albany, NY before coming home to Philadelphia for good in the early ’90s.
When Brandon isn’t on the air, you’ll find him at home in Delaware County or flying in his small plane.
The Edison Market Research and Polling Group has put out its top ten list of most disliked holiday tunes
- 3 On Your Side: New Shore Rental Charge
- Couple With Down Syndrome Gets Surprising Offer From Same Movie Theater They Say Mistreated Them
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...