John Whitman, Husband Of Former New Jersey Governor, Dies John Whitman, the husband of former Republican Gov. Christine Todd Whitman and the state's first-ever first gentleman, died Thursday. He was 71. Gov. Wolf Vetoes Bill That Would Privatize Pa. Liquor Sales Privatization is a top priority for leaders of the Republican-controlled House. The question now is, how might the liquor veto affect budget negotiations?
After Pa. Budget Veto, Gov. Wolf Upbeat After Meeting With Legislative Leaders Rendell Thinks Trump Is Serious Contender For Republican Nomination Governor Wolf Vetoes Entire Pa. Budget Christie’s Presidential Announcement Draws a Jersey Ho-Hum NJ Gov. Chris Christie Announces Run For President: ‘Both Parties Have Failed This Country’ Chris Christie Expected To Launch Presidential Bid As Greek Hobbles and Eurozone Wobbles, Wharton Professor Sees Hope
Gary R’Nel: Common Sense Is Nearly Extinct Departing from my usual focus on a singular topic, today’s column addresses several recent events in the news. Gary R’nel: Baltimore’s Leadership Lacks Integrity Baltimore’s Mayor and State Attorney each best exemplify the purest definition of an incendiary device.
Dom Giordano: The Biggest Lie In Baltimore Gary R’nel: The President’s Bizarre Delusion Medal Of Honor Recipients At Andy’s Diner In Conshohocken Senator Menendez: Restore Our Faith How Indiana’s Controversial Law Will Be Decided Zeoli: Conservatives, States Rights And Pot (Or How I Stopped Working And Learned To Love The Bong) Stigall: Ted Cruz And Other Candidates Need To Be Able To Laugh At Themselves In Order To Win People Over
Latest Politics From CBS News
- Obama congratulates U.S. women's team on World Cup win
- Donald Trump doubles down on Mexican immigrant remarks
- Obama: Success against ISIS depends on local forces
- More Americans identify with Democratic Party than GOP, poll shows
- What's next for Eric Holder?
- Confederate flag debate gets first real test in South Carolina
- Clinton to gay youth: "Your future is going to be amazing"
- Presidential candidates hit the trail in Iowa, N.H. for July Fourth
- Chris Christie: Walk away from Iran nuclear talks
- Chris Christie on Greece debt crisis, Iran negotiations and 2016 GOP field
- Campaign trail heats up amid July Fourth celebrations
- Can Christie turn weaknesses into strengths in N.H.?
- Trump's immigration comments open rift in GOP
- Senators wary as Iran nuclear talks near end
- Santorum praises Trump's focus on immigration
CBS News Political Hotsheet
- Justin Timberlake says second "20/20" album on the way
- Justin Timberlake planning "20/20" volume 2?
- Watch: Gary Carter's Hall of Fame speech
- Watch: White Sox manager grants sick girl's wish
- Twins' Ben Revere makes unbelievable catch
- George W. Bush dodges foul ball at Rangers game
- Juarez, Mexico - Murder Capital of the World