Political Blog Progressive
- A Christmas Miracle! Two SEPTA Officers Deliver Baby Aboard Train (12)
- Health: Study Finds Using Light-Emitting Electronic Devices Before Bedtime Could Be Keeping You Awake Longer (10)
- Jimmy Rollins’ Departure Marks End Of An Era In Philly Sports (6)
- Keurig Recalls 7 Million Coffee Makers Due To Burn Hazard (6)
- Phillies Trade Jimmy Rollins To Dodgers (5)
- ‘Cop Lives Don’t Matter’ Spray-Painted On Fence In West Philly (5)
- Investigation Underway After Hackers Attack Pine Forge Academy, Demand A Million Dollars (4)
- Weather: A Mild, Wet Run-Up To Christmas
- Winter Has Officially Arrived
- Penn State Professor: Stephen Colbert Enabled Liberals To Feel Patriotic
- R’Nel: ‘Don’t Worry, Be Happy’
- Is A Christmas Eve Storm On The Way?
- Blogger Shares Her Experiences With Life, Love, Fitness And Motherhood In The City Of Brotherly Love
- Weather: Sunny Wednesday, Christmas Spoilers
- Showers Tonight, Then A Mild Wednesday
- Fog Will Give Way To Wet Weather Tuesday
- Clouds And Showers Return
Latest Philly Political Blog Progressive
With one month to go before we reach the fiscal cliff, Republicans are going to have to figure out how to do something serious for a change instead of grandstanding and avoiding specifics.
Speaker John Boehner believes he holds a strong hand in fiscal cliff and debt limit talks. He is, once again, taking the global economy hostage and playing politics with the U.S. debt limit.
Ken Cuccinelli aspires to be the next governor of Virginia after spending four years trying to deny women’s health care rights, blocking Obamacare and forcing his ideology and personal beliefs on the Commonwealth of Virginia.
It is not news when Republicans try to block access to the ballot box for poor, minority and elderly voters. What is unusual is that Republicans are admitting it.
Most Americans who traveled during this Thanksgiving holiday came face to face with an American reality: while there is much to be thankful for, our infrastructure is not one of those things.
The Buck Starts Here wishes a happy Thanksgiving to our readers. For progressives there is much to be thankful for this year.
Grover is the ultimate in single interest constituencies in Washington. He is not accountable to anybody. He does not disclose who funds him, who pays him to do what he does or how much he is paid to blackmail GOP Members of Congress to sign his pledge not to raise taxes.
If Republicans, as a political party, continue this hostility toward science then they do not understand the driving force that science and innovation play in our economy. It also is another proof point in the case that Democrats made about Republican math not adding up.
Revelations surrounding David Petraeus’ affair have prompted the tin foil hat crowd on the right to find all sorts of conspiracies about why the news that CIA Director David Petraeus was having an affair with his biographer was released after the election.
There is a new breed of truthers on the right. Joining the paranoid ranks of the advocates of a government role in 9-11 and the birthers fascination with President Obama’s birth certificate are conservatives that believe the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is making up jobs numbers to benefit President Obama.
On a conference call with donors Romney claimed that Obama won because he gave “gifts” to African Americans, Latinos and young voters.
She will remain the one woman in a leadership position in the room when important issues effecting women are negotiated over the next year and a strong reminder that Democrats stand with women and promote them to positions of power.
It is time to end the tax exempt status of religious organizations that advocated for a partisan candidate.
When the deal is being made to change the tax rates and cut the deficit we must remember to keep our commitment to our veterans.