Political Blog Progressive
Latest Philly Political Blog Progressive
This New Year ushers in a new Congress and a large Freshman class. Here’s hoping that new faces create needed change on the Hill.
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Opinion: Gun Reform 2012/12/19
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 2012/12/19
- Opinion: Guns 2012/12/18
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 2012/12/12
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 2012/12/11
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 2012/12/10
- Opinion: Recovery 2012/12/10
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 2012/12/10
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 2012/12/10
- CBSPhilly Travel Guide (15)
- Last-Minute Fortune Seekers Buy Powerball Tickets (7)
- Did Cuban Pastries Affect Aroldis Chapman On Sunday? (7)
- Death Of Philadelphia Prayer-Healing Couple’s Son Ruled A Homicide (5)
- Former Philadelphia Cop, Once Hailed As Hero, Charged With Raping 2 Women (4)
- Blog: Amazon Hiring Hundreds in Delaware (4)
- Oklahoma Tornado Rated EF-4 By National Weather Service, Second Strongest Ranking (4)
- Local Product Jordan Wolf Stars For Duke In Final Four
- Blog: Show ‘Em The Money
- Blog: Virgin America Best, Spirit Worst in Consumer Reports Airline Ratings
- Blog: Megabus Summer Seat Sale
- Oklahoma Tornado Rated EF-4 By National Weather Service, Second Strongest Ranking
- Lane Johnson Adjusting To NFL
- Clay Harbor Looks To Make Himself More Versatile
- Blog: Amazon Hiring Hundreds in Delaware
- Lesley’s Last Word: McNabb’s Return To Philly
- Blog: 31,000 Vehicles in Sandy Flood Database
- Many Folks Spending Memorial Day Weekend Doing A Lot Of…Nothing
- Suspect Wanted In Sex Assault Of 15-Year-Old In Philadelphia
- Christie Acknowledges Progress Made, But Says 'It’s Not Where I Want It To Be'
- Bucks County Unveils Plans For Global War On Terror Memorial, But They Need Help Covering The Costs
- Rapper To Project Music Video Onto 3 Philadelphia Landmarks
- Tractor Trailer Carrying... Operation Brotherly Love: ... Namaste: Yoga Poses For... WANTED
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...