Political Blog Progressive
- PA State Police Trooper Dead In Barracks Shooting, Another Injured (15)
- Same-Sex Couple Speaks Out After Brutal Attack In Center City (11)
- Police: Baby Of Pregnant Woman Shot Dead In Frankford Dies (9)
- Suspects Sought In Center City Attack Of Same-Sex Couple (9)
- Cooking Marijuana Into “Hash Oil” Causing Disastrous Fires (8)
- Seasonal Flu Resource Guide (7)
- Pregnant Woman Shot Dead In Frankford, Baby Critical (7)
- Weather Blog: Summer Sends A Dear John Letter To Everyone
- Weekend Temps Will Remind Us It’s Still (Technically) Summer
- Dom Giordano’s Take On City’s Decriminalization Of Pot
- Former Top Army Official: The U.S. Should Arm The Free Syrian Army
- Blog: DE AG Hosting 3 Fall Shredding Events
- Texas Sen. Ted Cruz On Obamacare: ‘Come 2017, A Republican President’ Will Repeal ‘Every Word’
- Another Nice Day!
- Sunshine Sticks Around, But The Thermometer Can’t Pick A Side
- Eagles General Manager Says Fans Are Crucial To The Team
- A Sunglasses Kind of Day
Latest Philly Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Opinion: Gun Reform 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Guns 12/18/2012
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 12/12/2012
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 12/11/2012
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Recovery 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 12/10/2012