Political Blog Progressive
- Caught On Tape: Fight Breaks Out At Love Park Tree Lighting (14)
- Local Expert Warns of Underage Drinkers Consuming Cooking Wine (10)
- Another Potential ‘Knockout’ Attack In Philadelphia (9)
- 3 On Your Side: Healthcare.gov Site Still Has Glitches (8)
- Sleep-Related Health Issues (6)
- Chip Kelly: ‘I Hope Nick Foles Is Here For A Long Time’ (6)
- Local Fast Food Workers Join A National Protest Against Low Wages (5)
- Weather Blog: Wintry Weather For Sunday PM
- Weather Blog: The Lull Before The Winter Wet
- BLOG: Whistles Are Starting To Blow The Eagles’ Way
- Weather Blog: From Mild To Wild
- BLOG: Questions About Affordable Care? Get Answers At 12/14 Event
- Blog: Uber & Home Depot to Deliver Xmas Trees Thursday
- Blog: Philly Offers Tax Break To Active Military
- PPA Won’t Enforce Saturday Expired Meter Violations During Holidays
- Weather Blog: Pre-Thanksgiving Nor’Easter To Bring Major Holiday Travel Headaches
- Weather Blog: Pre-Thanksgiving Storm
Latest Philly Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Opinion: Gun Reform 2012/12/19
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 2012/12/19
- Opinion: Guns 2012/12/18
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 2012/12/12
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 2012/12/11
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 2012/12/10
- Opinion: Recovery 2012/12/10
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 2012/12/10
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 2012/12/10