Political Blog Progressive
- Rumors: Eagles Front-Runners For Byron Maxwell (11)
- Two Suspects In Custody After Police Standoff At Bucks County Gun Shop (10)
- Amber Alert Issued For 3-Year-Old Delaware Girl Taken By Father (8)
- Tanker Truck Overturns, Bursts Into Flames In Camden County (6)
- Official: Eagles Release Todd Herremans (5)
- SRC Stunner: Gov. Wolf Replaces Bill Green As Chairman (5)
- Gov. Christie Proposes $33.8 Billion Budget For Next Fiscal Year (4)
- Giordano: CPAC This Year Was Better Than Ever
- Blog: IHOP FREE Pancake Offer Tuesday, March 3
- Midweek Mess For The Delaware Valley
- Icy Conditions Continue Overnight
- WEATHER: Month Changes, But Nothing Else
- Snow & Ice On The Way
- No Quit In Weekend Winter Weather
- Blog: Best & Worst Things To Buy At Home Centers
- Attorney Alan Dershowitz: Iran Is A Greater Threat Than ISIS
- Senator Jim DeMint Speaks Out Against Net Neutrality
Latest Philly Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Opinion: Gun Reform 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Guns 12/18/2012
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 12/12/2012
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 12/11/2012
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Recovery 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 12/10/2012