Political Blog Progressive
- CBSPhilly Travel Guide (18)
- Delays, Cancellations At Philadelphia International Holding Up Thanksgiving Air Travel (16)
- Children Strip-Searched At New Philadelphia Family Courthouse (9)
- New Jersey Politicians Say Fight To Legalize Sports Betting Is Not Over (6)
- Task Force Final Report Due Soon on Mandatory Paid Sick Leave In Philadelphia (5)
- Philadelphia Still on Democrats’ Short List For 2016 Convention (5)
- ‘Ugly’ Christmas Tree In Pa. Prompts Public Outcry (4)
- Thanksgiving Weekend Weather Forecast
- Evening Snow & Rain, Then A Chilly Thanksgiving
- The Right To NOT Know
- Weather: Wintry Mess
- First Significant Storm Of The Season Bearing Down On The Region
- Former State And Federal Prosecutor: Ferguson Rioters Will Not Be Convinced By The Facts
- Weather: Quiet Day As Storm Looms
- Record-breaking Heat Today, But The Snow Could Be Falling By Wednesday
- Civic Pride An Endangered Species
- Feeling Like Spring; Watching The Coast
Latest Philly Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Opinion: Gun Reform 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Guns 12/18/2012
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 12/12/2012
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 12/11/2012
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Recovery 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 12/10/2012