Political Blog Progressive
- Officials ID Caseworker Killed In Medical Facility Shooting In Delaware County (16)
- Phillies Fall To D-Backs 10-6 In 10 Innings (16)
- DA: Sixers Legend Charles Barkley Offers To Pay For Funeral Of 3 Children Killed In Carjacking Crash (15)
- 3 Children Killed, 3 Injured In North Philadelphia Hit-Run; $110K Reward Offered (14)
- Eagles Hit The Field For The First Time (14)
- Chip Kelly Addresses Lane Johnson’s Suspension (10)
- Report: Pope Francis To Attend World Meeting Of Families In Philly In 2015 (10)
- A Taste Of Autumn Tonight And Tomorrow
- Superintendent Chitwood On Wellness Center Shooting: Suspect ‘Was Ready For Mass Murder’
- A Taste of September Tuesday
- Strong Storms, Then Cooler
- Allen Barbre’s Value Rising
- Jason Kelce Is On The Verge Of Shining In 2014
- Hey, Weather: Make Up Your Mind, Already
- Some Storms To Finish The Weekend
- Don’t Rain On Anyone’s Parade
- 10 Fantasy Football Statements
Latest Philly Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Opinion: Gun Reform 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Guns 12/18/2012
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 12/12/2012
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 12/11/2012
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Recovery 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 12/10/2012