Political Blog Progressive
- Ryne Sandberg Steps Down As Phillies Manager: ‘Not An Easy Decision’ (7)
- Country’s First Gay Divorce Firm Opens In Philadelphia (7)
- DeSean Jackson On Debut Reality Show: ‘Eagles Tried To Blow Me Up’ (6)
- Video Evidence Shows Jahlil Okafor Jersey Drop Was Blown Way Out Of Proportion (5)
- Flyers Acquire Sam Gagner, Move Grossman And Pronger Contract (3)
- Hinkie: Embiid’s Health Played Role In Okafor Selection (3)
- What Happened To World’s Largest Rubber Duck At Tall Ships Festival? (3)
- Sun, Clouds And A Little Rain
- Weather: EF-1 Tornado Confirmed In Chester County
- Blog: Jet Blue Begins Charging For Checked Luggage Today
- Blog: Best Credit Cards For Travel Insurance
- Humidity Creeping Back In For Tuesday
- What Would You Do With An Extra Second?
- Cooler Start, Beautiful Finish To Monday
- Flood Watch In Effect For Parts Of The Region Over The Weekend
- Gloomy Weekend In Store For Delaware Valley
- Sun Disappearing For Awhile
Latest Philly Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Opinion: Gun Reform 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Guns 12/18/2012
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 12/12/2012
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 12/11/2012
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Recovery 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 12/10/2012