Political Blog Progressive
- Health: Temple University Researchers Successfully Eliminate HIV Virus In Human Cells (26)
- Phila. Anti-Immigration Protesters Outnumbered By Demonstrators Backing Reform (9)
- Target And Amazon Shop For Your App Cash (8)
- Cops: Leaders Of Philly Mosque Tried To Cut Off Man’s Hand With Machete (7)
- Cops: Main Line McDonald’s Worker Was Selling Drugs While On The Job (7)
- Driver Sought In Camden Hit-And-Run (6)
- Sources: Police Question 2 Persons Of Interest In Deaths Of Strawberry Mansion Couple (5)
- The Democratic Party Is The Party Of White Men
- Lt. Gov. Cawley: ‘I Guess There Are Some Moderate And Conservative Democrats. I Haven’t Seen Them Lately’
- Clearing Out After Lightning-Filled Night
- Heat And Humidity’s Favorite Companion, Thunderstorms, A Possibility For Tonight
- Weather: Sunny, Steamy, Stormy
- Weather: A Short-Lived Warm-up
- Governor Corbett Considering Special Legislative Session To Deal With Pension Crisis
- Stigall On Republicans Targeting Philly Beer Gardens: They’re Acting Like ‘Nanny-state, Money-grubbing Democrats’
- Weather: Business As Usual
- Weather: Heat & Humidity Return
Latest Philly Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Opinion: Gun Reform 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Guns 12/18/2012
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 12/12/2012
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 12/11/2012
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Recovery 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 12/10/2012