Political Blog Progressive
- Police: Most Of One-Month-Old Baby’s Face Chewed Off By Trio Of Ferrets In Delaware County (17)
- Sources: Probe Into On-Duty Sex In Philadelphia Fire Department (10)
- 3 Injured In Partial Roof Collapse At Lululemon In Center City (8)
- Man Sought After Schoolgirl Attacked While Riding SEPTA Trolley in North Philadelphia (4)
- Commuters Deal With Another Round Of Winter Weather (4)
- Philadelphia Public And Archdiocesan Schools Closed Tuesday, Transit Affected Throughout Region (4)
- Sponsor Of Plan For Mandatory Paid Sick Leave In Philadelphia Says He Can Override Veto By Nutter (3)
- Blog: NJ Settles With Business That Offered Bogus Auto Warranties
- Classmate and Cornell Law Professor Says Immigration Issue ‘Should Be Deal-breaker For Loretta Lynch Appointment’
- Weather: Windy and Cold, But Dry
- Nor’easter Develops Farther East
- Nor’easter Develops Tonight
- Police Sergeant Urges Philadelphians To Remember #NoSavesies When It Comes To Parking
- WEATHER: It’s SNOW Time!
- Nor’easter On The Way
- WEATHER: Gather Shovels And Muscles; More Snow Moves In
- Another Snowstorm On The Way
Latest Philly Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Opinion: Gun Reform 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Guns 12/18/2012
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 12/12/2012
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 12/11/2012
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Recovery 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 12/10/2012