Let's Get To Work Philly
For Your Job Search
- Philadelphia Jobs Report: Some Veterans Will Face Unemployment As They Seeks Jobs Outside Of Military Jill Schlesinger reports about one of two post 9/11 veterans will face a period of unemployment as they seek new jobs outside of the military.
- Philadelphia Jobs Report: Study Finds Employers Recruiting More New College Grads Some employers are even offering signing bonuses.
- Curiosity, Desire Are Key Attributes When Looking For New Hires “Find ways to gain experience. Do pro bono work for a non-profit. Find a small business that needs help and do it for free or for a discount."
- Collaboration, Teamwork Are Important For Success, Says Philadelphia Exec It's important to find the right balance of adapting your management style to the people working for you, and maintaining your own style in a way that will be effective for you and earn your staff's respect.
- Passion Should Be A Factor When Choosing A Field In Psychiatry Determine if you are not just interested in psychiatry but have the patience, talent and discipline to shed your own biases and master an artful science and learn to apply it thoroughly.
- Philadelphia Jobs Report: How To Identify A Bad Boss Jill Schlesinger reports job candidates are increasingly using interviews to determine whether the company and the potential new boss are the right fit.
- Philadelphia Jobs Report: Need For Registered Nurses Has Jumped Jill Schlesinger reports it's National Nurses Week.
- Volunteering In Similar Field Is Helpful When Pursuing A Career “I was very fortunate because I was hired immediately after graduating with my Act 120 Police Training certification. I contribute this to not just graduating from the academy, but also to the years of groundwork building my resume with doing...
- Philadelphia Tech Entrepreneur Encourages People Not To Be Afraid To Take Risks “Don't be afraid to take risks. Without risk, without stretching yourself, you don’t change and develop,” says J.G. Sandom.
- Teaching Requires Continual Education Says Charter School Principal "Having an understanding that their own educational journey does not conclude when they graduate is a vital concept new teachers must embrace and maintain," says Alphonso Evans.