KYW Regional Affairs Council
- Drexel Study Claims 21 Day Quarantine For Ebola Might Not Be Long Enough (39)
- Rand Paul On The Govt. Dealing With Ebola: ‘It Adds To A Litany Of Things The President Has Let Us Down On’ (19)
- Law Allowing Sports Betting In NJ Signed By Christie (9)
- 3 Pennsylvanians Reportedly Among Those Being Monitored In Ebola Probe (6)
- Phila. Firefighters’ Union Says Ebola Gear Issued By City is Inadequate (5)
- Judge OKs Cancellation Of Union Contract At Trump Taj Mahal (5)
- Eagles Enter Bye Week With NFL’s Best Record (4)
- Showers Return To The Forecast; Cloud Threat Impacts Chance To View Meteor Shower
- NOAA Winter Outlook: Delaware Valley Has Above Average Chance To See Wetter Than Average Winter
- One More Dry Day
- Lawyer For Shops At Liberty Place: If It Were Klansmen Outside African American Business, ‘They Would Last About 10 Seconds Before Police Hauled Them Away’
- A Pleasant Fall Weekend: Temperatures Tumble Saturday Into Sunday
- Zeoli: Hate Crime Laws Are Unjust; Let’s Have Victim Equality
- Blog: FREE Shredding Event This Saturday 10/18 In Springfield, PA
- The Rain And Clouds Are Clearing Out
- Doctor & Director Of Biomedical Research Lab: ‘Quarantine Is The Answer’ To Ebola
- Rand Paul On The Govt. Dealing With Ebola: ‘It Adds To A Litany Of Things The President Has Let Us Down On’
Latest Philly KYW Regional Affairs Council
“Black boxes” are becoming more common in cars. They’re designed to record information about the vehicle at the time of an accident, and even give those behind the wheel a shot at lowering their insurance bills.
EZ Pass is one of a number of technologies used for traffic management that — for some — stoke privacy concerns.
Do red-light cameras reduce accidents, or cause them? There are impassioned arguments on both sides.
New Jersey’s trial run for red light cameras suffered a setback earlier this summer after critics charged the “yellow” was turning to “red” too fast in some cases.
The definition of a family has changed from generation to generation.
In this second part of the series, we examine some of the reasons that committed couples raising children choose not to get married.
In part three, we examine unwed parenting and the potential impact on the children involved.
Experts say for couples who have children out of wedlock, there can be benefits — and maybe some unanticipated challenges.
“We as small business owners are trying to do the right thing by insuring our employees, but it’s not always easy to do that,” says Ken Weinstein, owner of the Trolley Car Diner in Mt. Airy.
“A lot of people see someone with a business and think they are rolling,” notes Rod Millwood, who owns a comedy club at 3rd and South Streets in Philadelphia. “But no.”
“Health insurance is tricky and it’s confusing, so having the right, unbiased information is a key resource for consumers,” says Melissa Fox, spokeswoman for Pennsylvania’s Insurance Department.
“Small businesses overwhelming support the (Obamacare) tax credits. The problem is, they don’t know about them,” says the CEO of a small-business advocacy group.
When is the right time to get your elderly parents to downsize their lives and prepare for a new way of living?
If your parents have decided to downsize from the family home, chances are that a lot of their furniture and other stuff won’t fit in the new, smaller place.