KYW Regional Affairs Council
- Author Ronald Kessler On Bill Clinton: ‘He Has A Blonde, Busty Mistress’ (41)
- Brandon Graham: Tebow Will Make Team, ‘Play A Lot’ (14)
- Boy Becomes First Child In The World To Receive Double Hand Transplant (7)
- Mother, Baby Daughter Stabbed In West Oak Lane (4)
- Township In Bucks County Declares State Of Emergency For Weekend Of Pope’s Visit (4)
- Reports: Cole Hamels Headed To Texas (4)
- 5 Prospects Involved In Reported Hamels Deal (4)
- Weather Blog: Blue Moon Rises Tonight
- Weather: Sunny And Less Humid To Wrap Up July
- Blue Moon To Appear Friday
- Weather: Another Sticky Day Before Brief Break
- Blog: Corner Bakery Gives Away Free Cheesecake For Nat’l Cheesecake Day
- Excessive Heat Warning For Philadelphia And Suburbs
- Weather Blog: Strengthening El Nino…
- Hot Stretch Of Weather For Philadelphia Begins Today
- Weather: A Soggy Start To The Week
- Nice Stretch Continues
Latest Philly KYW Regional Affairs Council
“Black boxes” are becoming more common in cars. They’re designed to record information about the vehicle at the time of an accident, and even give those behind the wheel a shot at lowering their insurance bills.
EZ Pass is one of a number of technologies used for traffic management that — for some — stoke privacy concerns.
Do red-light cameras reduce accidents, or cause them? There are impassioned arguments on both sides.
New Jersey’s trial run for red light cameras suffered a setback earlier this summer after critics charged the “yellow” was turning to “red” too fast in some cases.
The definition of a family has changed from generation to generation.
In this second part of the series, we examine some of the reasons that committed couples raising children choose not to get married.
In part three, we examine unwed parenting and the potential impact on the children involved.
Experts say for couples who have children out of wedlock, there can be benefits — and maybe some unanticipated challenges.
“We as small business owners are trying to do the right thing by insuring our employees, but it’s not always easy to do that,” says Ken Weinstein, owner of the Trolley Car Diner in Mt. Airy.
“A lot of people see someone with a business and think they are rolling,” notes Rod Millwood, who owns a comedy club at 3rd and South Streets in Philadelphia. “But no.”
“Health insurance is tricky and it’s confusing, so having the right, unbiased information is a key resource for consumers,” says Melissa Fox, spokeswoman for Pennsylvania’s Insurance Department.
“Small businesses overwhelming support the (Obamacare) tax credits. The problem is, they don’t know about them,” says the CEO of a small-business advocacy group.
When is the right time to get your elderly parents to downsize their lives and prepare for a new way of living?
If your parents have decided to downsize from the family home, chances are that a lot of their furniture and other stuff won’t fit in the new, smaller place.