KYW Regional Affairs Council
- 3 Dead In Multi-Vehicle Crashes Along Schuylkill Expressway, Blue Route (18)
- Police: Most Of One-Month-Old Baby’s Face Chewed Off By Trio Of Ferrets In Delaware County (6)
- Activists Call For Investigation Into Police Involved Shooting In South Jersey (5)
- Report: 11 of 12 Patriots Balls Under-Inflated (5)
- Floyd Mayweather Needs To Accept Pacquiao Fight This Time … Or Else (4)
- Police: Store Ckerk Shot 3 Times During Robbery In Germantown (4)
- Road Crews Preparing For More Icy Conditions (3)
- Another Snowstorm On The Way
- More Snow Coming, Major Snowstorm for NJ?
- WEATHER: Saturday: Snow Changing To Rain
- Founder Of National Awareness Alliance: Why Was Jerame Reid Killed For Doing Exactly What The Driver Did?
- 1-2 Punch Of Messy Weather To End This Week And Begin The Next!
- Lack Of Cold Air Preventing Weekend Storm From Becoming Big Snowmaker
- One Storm Down, Another To Go!
- Can The Philadelphia Union Take Advantage Of This Hideous Sports Scene?
- Confidence Increasing On Potential Weekend Nor’easter
- Local Blogger Helps Others Eat, Look And Feel Great — Naturally
Latest Philly KYW Regional Affairs Council
“Black boxes” are becoming more common in cars. They’re designed to record information about the vehicle at the time of an accident, and even give those behind the wheel a shot at lowering their insurance bills.
EZ Pass is one of a number of technologies used for traffic management that — for some — stoke privacy concerns.
Do red-light cameras reduce accidents, or cause them? There are impassioned arguments on both sides.
New Jersey’s trial run for red light cameras suffered a setback earlier this summer after critics charged the “yellow” was turning to “red” too fast in some cases.
The definition of a family has changed from generation to generation.
In this second part of the series, we examine some of the reasons that committed couples raising children choose not to get married.
In part three, we examine unwed parenting and the potential impact on the children involved.
Experts say for couples who have children out of wedlock, there can be benefits — and maybe some unanticipated challenges.
“We as small business owners are trying to do the right thing by insuring our employees, but it’s not always easy to do that,” says Ken Weinstein, owner of the Trolley Car Diner in Mt. Airy.
“A lot of people see someone with a business and think they are rolling,” notes Rod Millwood, who owns a comedy club at 3rd and South Streets in Philadelphia. “But no.”
“Health insurance is tricky and it’s confusing, so having the right, unbiased information is a key resource for consumers,” says Melissa Fox, spokeswoman for Pennsylvania’s Insurance Department.
“Small businesses overwhelming support the (Obamacare) tax credits. The problem is, they don’t know about them,” says the CEO of a small-business advocacy group.
When is the right time to get your elderly parents to downsize their lives and prepare for a new way of living?
If your parents have decided to downsize from the family home, chances are that a lot of their furniture and other stuff won’t fit in the new, smaller place.