Health Topic Center
Title CBS Philadelphia Health News
- Health: New Breastfeeding Initiative Changes Some Philadelphia Hospitals' Policy A group of Philadelphia hospitals, that deliver babies, say they'll no longer give free formula to mothers when they leave area hospitals. 3 On Your Side Stephanie Stahl has the details.
- Philadelphia Hospitals Increasingly 'Ban the Bag' To Encourage Breastfeeding August is National Breastfeeding Awareness Month, and area hospitals are kicking it off with a new initiative.
- U.S. Warns Against Travel To Countries Hit By Ebola The travel advisory issued Thursday applies to non-essential travel to Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
- Pa. Will Allow Some Junk Food at School Bake Sales, Not So NJ or Del. A new federal law allows individual states to set their own number of fundraiser exemptions for junk food sold in schools. Pennsylvania and a handful of other states have done so.
- Local Beach Reopens After Previously Failing Water-Quality Test The 25th Street Bay Beach in Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island has reopened.
- The Ebola Outbreak: What Every American Needs To Know The recent outbreak of the Ebola virus in Africa has begun attracting attention in the U.S. for good reason.
- Health: Hidden Swimming Danger Cooling off in the summer heat has many headed to the shore or a pool, but doctors say there's a hidden danger that can be life threatening. 3 On Your Side Health Reporter Stephanie Stahl explains what can happen.
- Ebola Outbreak Prompts Peace Corps To Remove Volunteers From Some Countries In Africa The Ebola outbreak in West Africa is the largest ever, but the risk of it spreading to the United States is very low.
- At Least 13 Residents Exposed To Kitten With Rabies In Medford Township According to the Burlington County Health Department, at least three cats, one dog and 13 people have been exposed to a kitten with rabies in Medford Township.
- Health: Zapping Away Side Effects of Breast Cancer Treatment New help for breast cancer patients struggling with difficult side effects caused by drugs taken to prevent a recurrence.