NOW LIVE: Eyewitness News: Watch Live Stream
Health Topic Center
Title CBS Philadelphia Health News
- Health: Zapping Away Side Effects of Breast Cancer Treatment New help for breast cancer patients struggling with difficult side effects caused by drugs taken to prevent a recurrence.
- At Least 13 Residents Exposed To Kitten With Rabies In Medford Township According to the Burlington County Health Department, at least three cats, one dog and 13 people have been exposed to a kitten with rabies in Medford Township.
- And The 2014 Unhealthiest Restaurant Items In America Are... Spoiler alert: The Cheesecake Factory serves three of the nine 'winners.'
- Kevin Sabett: ‘It’s Ironic That We’re Pushing Against Smoking So Hard, Yet We’re Ready To Give Marijuana A Free Pass’ Chris Stigall talked with Kevin Sabet, the author of Reefer Sanity about the recent push to legalize marijuana.
- Study: Even Short, Slow Runs Could Help You Live Longer According to the researchers, runners were up to 45 percent less likely to die from heart disease or stroke than those who didn’t run at all, and the effects were found regardless of distance, duration or speed.
- New Oxycodone Pill Designed To Prevent Abuse The FDA has approved an oxycodone pill designed to deter abuse.
- NCAA Settles Head-Injury Suit, Will Change Rules The NCAA agreed Tuesday to settle a class-action head-injury lawsuit by creating a $70 million fund to diagnose thousands of current and former college athletes to determine if they suffered brain trauma playing football, hockey, soccer and other...
- NTSB Faults Conrail Training and Procedures in 2012 Paulsboro, NJ Derailment Another factor contributing to consequences following the accident, the NTSB says, was Conrail's failure of to implement and establish emergency response protocols to protect the community from exposure to the vinyl chloride that was released.
- Health: Cancer Hiding In Your Photos? A photograph that looks totally fine could reveal a potentially deadly cancer. It's a tiny white spot in the eye, that most people wouldn't even notice.
- Delaware Bans Minors From Tanning Beds The bill is aimed at reducing teens' risk for melanoma.