Following Danica Patrick
- Author Ronald Kessler On Bill Clinton: ‘He Has A Blonde, Busty Mistress’ (33)
- Boy Becomes First Child In The World To Receive Double Hand Transplant (7)
- Brandon Graham: Tebow Will Make Team, ‘Play A Lot’ (7)
- Mother, Baby Daughter Stabbed In West Oak Lane (4)
- Township In Bucks County Declares State Of Emergency For Weekend Of Pope’s Visit (4)
- Reports: Cole Hamels Headed To Texas (4)
- Study Examines The Good and Bad Of A Philadelphia City Council Tradition (3)
- Blue Moon To Appear Friday Morning
- Weather: Another Sticky Day Before Brief Break
- Blog: Corner Bakery Gives Away Free Cheesecake For Nat’l Cheesecake Day
- Excessive Heat Warning For Philadelphia And Suburbs
- Weather Blog: Strengthening El Nino…
- Hot Stretch Of Weather For Philadelphia Begins Today
- Weather: A Soggy Start To The Week
- Nice Stretch Continues
- Weather: Refreshing Weather To Stay For A While
- Weather: Yet Another 90 Degree Day
Latest Philly Following Danica Patrick
The Lady in Black had a date with the Lady in Green this weekend at Darlington Raceway, better known as the track “too tough to tame.” Danica Patrick was set to make her first start in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series since Daytona and all eyes were on her.
In January, on the NASCAR Sprint Media Tour hosted by Charlotte Motor Speedway, Danica Patrick announced she would skip the Indianapolis 500 in order to race in the Coca-Cola 600. This came as a surprise to many, as it had been rumored her contract to drive full-time for JR Motorsports allowed her to take time off to run the famous race she always spoke fondly of but never won (her highest finish was third in 2009).
She strutted into the media center for her availability, wearing beads she received while on Talladega Boulevard, a traditional fan and driver favorite hangout while at the superspeedway. Not one to miss a sponsor plug, she told the media they would have to go to to godaddy.com to find out how she got them.
For the first time since Danica Patrick announced she was switching from IndyCar to NASCAR, the biggest story out of Richmond this weekend was not the driver of the No. 7 GoDaddy Chevrolet. Extreme sports rock star Travis Pastrana made his debut in the series after putting it off for a year when he broke his ankle and foot at the X Games last year.
With another off weekend for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, we thought it would be beneficial to hit a few key topics from the season up until now. Here are the hottest topics around the garage.
While the biggest story in NASCAR this weekend was the roar of engines at Rockingham Speedway – after an eight year absence – in the form of NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series were at Texas Motor Speedway after their first break of the season.
Last week in Martinsville, while Danica Patrick relaxed far away from the track during her off weekend from the Nationwide series, David Reutimann, her co-pilot of the No. 10 Stewart-Haas/Tommy Baldwin Racing machine, brought out an ill-timed caution.
By: Farrah Kaye While the NASCAR Camping World Truck and Sprint Cup Series took to the Martinsville “paperclip,” the NASCAR Nationwide Series had a rare weekend off, the first of two in a row. Since […]
By: Farrah Kaye While the IndyCar series was in St. Petersburg, Fla. for its season-opener, the NASCAR Nationwide Series was in Fontana, Calif. for the fifth race of the season at Auto Club Speedway. Danica […]
By Farrah Kaye Danica Patrick hoped luck would be on her side this weekend at Bristol. After all, she would be racing on St. Patrick’s Day in a four-leaf clover-covered racecar. And her last name […]
By: Farrah Kaye The last time Danica Patrick was at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, she was in an IndyCar, making her final appearance as a series regular. In what should have been a great day, […]
By: Farrah Kaye After a long stay in Daytona, Scottsdale, Ariz., resident Danica Patrick was happy to get home to her own bed. She spent the few days between the races relaxing and getting a […]
By: Farrah Kaye In a Daytona 500 that saw fire, rain and a Monday night start, Danica Patrick’s first NASCAR Sprint Cup series start didn’t go as planned. During her Gatorade Duel, Patrick was involved […]