Following Danica Patrick
- Officials ID Caseworker Killed In Medical Facility Shooting In Delaware County (16)
- Phillies Fall To D-Backs 10-6 In 10 Innings (16)
- 3 Children Killed, 3 Injured In North Philadelphia Hit-Run; $110K Reward Offered (14)
- Eagles Hit The Field For The First Time (14)
- DA: Sixers Legend Charles Barkley Offers To Pay For Funeral Of 3 Children Killed In Carjacking Crash (11)
- Chip Kelly Addresses Lane Johnson’s Suspension (10)
- Report: Pope Francis To Attend World Meeting Of Families In Philly In 2015 (10)
- A Taste Of Autumn Tonight And Tomorrow
- Superintendent Chitwood On Wellness Center Shooting: Suspect ‘Was Ready For Mass Murder’
- A Taste of September Tuesday
- Strong Storms, Then Cooler
- Allen Barbre’s Value Rising
- Jason Kelce Is On The Verge Of Shining In 2014
- Hey, Weather: Make Up Your Mind, Already
- Some Storms To Finish The Weekend
- Don’t Rain On Anyone’s Parade
- 10 Fantasy Football Statements
Latest Philly Following Danica Patrick
The Lady in Black had a date with the Lady in Green this weekend at Darlington Raceway, better known as the track “too tough to tame.” Danica Patrick was set to make her first start in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series since Daytona and all eyes were on her.
In January, on the NASCAR Sprint Media Tour hosted by Charlotte Motor Speedway, Danica Patrick announced she would skip the Indianapolis 500 in order to race in the Coca-Cola 600. This came as a surprise to many, as it had been rumored her contract to drive full-time for JR Motorsports allowed her to take time off to run the famous race she always spoke fondly of but never won (her highest finish was third in 2009).
She strutted into the media center for her availability, wearing beads she received while on Talladega Boulevard, a traditional fan and driver favorite hangout while at the superspeedway. Not one to miss a sponsor plug, she told the media they would have to go to to godaddy.com to find out how she got them.
For the first time since Danica Patrick announced she was switching from IndyCar to NASCAR, the biggest story out of Richmond this weekend was not the driver of the No. 7 GoDaddy Chevrolet. Extreme sports rock star Travis Pastrana made his debut in the series after putting it off for a year when he broke his ankle and foot at the X Games last year.
With another off weekend for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, we thought it would be beneficial to hit a few key topics from the season up until now. Here are the hottest topics around the garage.
While the biggest story in NASCAR this weekend was the roar of engines at Rockingham Speedway – after an eight year absence – in the form of NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series were at Texas Motor Speedway after their first break of the season.
Last week in Martinsville, while Danica Patrick relaxed far away from the track during her off weekend from the Nationwide series, David Reutimann, her co-pilot of the No. 10 Stewart-Haas/Tommy Baldwin Racing machine, brought out an ill-timed caution.
By: Farrah Kaye While the NASCAR Camping World Truck and Sprint Cup Series took to the Martinsville “paperclip,” the NASCAR Nationwide Series had a rare weekend off, the first of two in a row. Since […]
By: Farrah Kaye While the IndyCar series was in St. Petersburg, Fla. for its season-opener, the NASCAR Nationwide Series was in Fontana, Calif. for the fifth race of the season at Auto Club Speedway. Danica […]
By Farrah Kaye Danica Patrick hoped luck would be on her side this weekend at Bristol. After all, she would be racing on St. Patrick’s Day in a four-leaf clover-covered racecar. And her last name […]
By: Farrah Kaye The last time Danica Patrick was at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, she was in an IndyCar, making her final appearance as a series regular. In what should have been a great day, […]
By: Farrah Kaye After a long stay in Daytona, Scottsdale, Ariz., resident Danica Patrick was happy to get home to her own bed. She spent the few days between the races relaxing and getting a […]
By: Farrah Kaye In a Daytona 500 that saw fire, rain and a Monday night start, Danica Patrick’s first NASCAR Sprint Cup series start didn’t go as planned. During her Gatorade Duel, Patrick was involved […]