Following Danica Patrick
- Amaro Clarifies Comments On 94WIP: Some, Not All, ‘Don’t Understand’ (7)
- Villanova Student Honors Returning Veterans By Sending Them To Sports Events (5)
- SBR Odds: Eagles Over/Under Set At 9.5 (4)
- Officials: Students Charged Following Sexting Investigation In New Jersey (4)
- Study Claims Coffee Could Improve A Man’s Sex Life (3)
- African American Civil War Veterans Honored At Dedication Ceremony In Camden (3)
- Mike Costanzo At Home In Middle Of Riversharks’ Order (2)
- ShopSmart Finds Precut Fruits & Veggies Often Sold At Premium Prices
- Turzanski On Temple U. Prof Accused Of Selling Research To China: We Should Be Worried, The Chinese Own Everything
- WEATHER: A Nice, Spring-like Memorial Day Weekend
- Weather: A Cool Finish To The Week
- Gosnell Movie Producer: ‘He Has No Remorse, He Considers Himself A Martyr’
- WEATHER: Heat & Humidity A Thing Of The Past — For Now
- Chris Stigall: Goodbye, Mr. Letterman
- State Director Of Pa. Chapter Of Americans For Prosperity: Tax Bill 504 Does Nothing To Address The Real Issues
- A Muggy Start To The Work Week
- Comcast VP On Stephanopoulos And Williams Controversies: ‘Just Because You Are A News Anchor Does Not Mean That You Are Not A Human Being’
Latest Philly Following Danica Patrick
For the last time on the circuit, Danica Patrick turned her first laps at a track. Atlanta Motor Speedway is a “cookie cutter” 1.5 mile track, similar to Texas and Charlotte, tracks where Patrick has already been.
The spring Bristol Motor Speedway was not the same as the Bristol Motor Speedway the drivers came to this past weekend. After uneventful racing in the Spring, track owner Bruton Smith took bulldozers to the track and ground the top of the track, creating a whole new Bristol.
The last time Danica Patrick was at a road course, she ran one of the best races of the season. A last lap punt into the gravel by Jacques Villeneuve ended her run and caused a stir in the racing world. Villeneuve didn’t take responsibility but his actions resulted in an apology from Penske Racing and many fans and members of the community wondered if he should be allowed to continue to race.
In a rare occasion, Danica Patrick wasn’t in the spotlight during pre-race media availability. Thanks to a rare road course weekend, JR Motorsports brought in road course “ringer” Ron Fellows, even making a contest on Twitter out of his appearance, calling it #Fellows5.
Before Saturday’s race, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. had won the last three races at Iowa Speedway. Even when his engine blew and he was wrecking with teammate Carl Edwards, he still came to the checkered flag first to keep his wining streak alive.
- Following Danica Patrick: Indiana 250 07/30/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: STP 300 At Chicagoland Speedway 07/23/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: F.W. Webb 200 At New Hampshire 07/16/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Subway Jalapeno 250 At Daytona 07/09/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Feed The Children 300 At Kentucky 07/02/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Road America 06/25/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Alliance Truck Parts 250 At Michigan International Speedway 06/18/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Prelude To The Dream 06/11/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Double Duty At Charlotte 05/29/2012