Following Danica Patrick
- Country’s First Gay Divorce Firm Opens In Philadelphia (13)
- DeSean Jackson On Debut Reality Show: ‘Eagles Tried To Blow Me Up’ (6)
- Police: Body Found In Jersey Shore Inlet Likely Missing Teen (3)
- Retired Montco Music Professor Sentenced For Sexting Minor Girl (3)
- Governor Wolf Vetoes Entire Pa. Budget (3)
- National Weather Service To Investigate Possible Tornado Activity (3)
- Report: Sixers To Acquire Nik Stauskas, Future First Rounder In Salary Dump From Kings (3)
- WEATHER: Hot And Muggy With A Chance Of Showers
- Sun, Clouds And A Little Rain
- Weather: EF-1 Tornado Confirmed In Chester County
- Blog: Jet Blue Begins Charging For Checked Luggage Today
- Blog: Best Credit Cards For Travel Insurance
- Humidity Creeping Back In For Tuesday
- What Would You Do With An Extra Second?
- Cooler Start, Beautiful Finish To Monday
- Flood Watch In Effect For Parts Of The Region Over The Weekend
- Gloomy Weekend In Store For Delaware Valley
Latest Philly Following Danica Patrick
For the last time on the circuit, Danica Patrick turned her first laps at a track. Atlanta Motor Speedway is a “cookie cutter” 1.5 mile track, similar to Texas and Charlotte, tracks where Patrick has already been.
The spring Bristol Motor Speedway was not the same as the Bristol Motor Speedway the drivers came to this past weekend. After uneventful racing in the Spring, track owner Bruton Smith took bulldozers to the track and ground the top of the track, creating a whole new Bristol.
The last time Danica Patrick was at a road course, she ran one of the best races of the season. A last lap punt into the gravel by Jacques Villeneuve ended her run and caused a stir in the racing world. Villeneuve didn’t take responsibility but his actions resulted in an apology from Penske Racing and many fans and members of the community wondered if he should be allowed to continue to race.
In a rare occasion, Danica Patrick wasn’t in the spotlight during pre-race media availability. Thanks to a rare road course weekend, JR Motorsports brought in road course “ringer” Ron Fellows, even making a contest on Twitter out of his appearance, calling it #Fellows5.
Before Saturday’s race, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. had won the last three races at Iowa Speedway. Even when his engine blew and he was wrecking with teammate Carl Edwards, he still came to the checkered flag first to keep his wining streak alive.
- Following Danica Patrick: Indiana 250 07/30/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: STP 300 At Chicagoland Speedway 07/23/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: F.W. Webb 200 At New Hampshire 07/16/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Subway Jalapeno 250 At Daytona 07/09/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Feed The Children 300 At Kentucky 07/02/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Road America 06/25/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Alliance Truck Parts 250 At Michigan International Speedway 06/18/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Prelude To The Dream 06/11/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Double Duty At Charlotte 05/29/2012