Following Danica Patrick
- Gene Simmons: Sad Rice’s Wife Isn’t ‘Copping To Fact She Was Abused’ (16)
- PA State Police Trooper Dead In Barracks Shooting, Another Injured (15)
- Police: Baby Of Pregnant Woman Shot Dead In Frankford Dies (9)
- Same-Sex Couple Speaks Out After Brutal Attack In Center City (9)
- Man Who Worked Both Sides Of Radical Muslim Fence Describes Being A Fanatic (7)
- Pregnant Woman Shot Dead In Frankford, Baby Critical (7)
- Manhunt Continues For Gunman Who Ambushed 2 PA Troopers, Killing 1 (7)
- Eagles General Manager Says Fans Are Crucial To The Team
- A Sunglasses Kind of Day
- Attkisson On Benghazi: Why Don’t We Know What The President And His Advisors Were Doing That Night?
- Blog: Free Cone Days At Rittenhouse Ben & Jerry’s
- A Few Showers, Then Staying Comfortable
- Weather: Cool, Quiet Start To The Week
- Sun Today, Showers Tomorrow, Then More Sun
- Blog: Mega Pet Adoption Event 9/13 in Feasterville
- Blog: Philly Region 8th Most Expensive For Car Insurance
- Philadelphia Foreign Policy Expert Critical Of Pres. Obama’s ISIL Plan: ‘See Who Wins In The End’
Latest Philly Following Danica Patrick
For the last time on the circuit, Danica Patrick turned her first laps at a track. Atlanta Motor Speedway is a “cookie cutter” 1.5 mile track, similar to Texas and Charlotte, tracks where Patrick has already been.
The spring Bristol Motor Speedway was not the same as the Bristol Motor Speedway the drivers came to this past weekend. After uneventful racing in the Spring, track owner Bruton Smith took bulldozers to the track and ground the top of the track, creating a whole new Bristol.
The last time Danica Patrick was at a road course, she ran one of the best races of the season. A last lap punt into the gravel by Jacques Villeneuve ended her run and caused a stir in the racing world. Villeneuve didn’t take responsibility but his actions resulted in an apology from Penske Racing and many fans and members of the community wondered if he should be allowed to continue to race.
In a rare occasion, Danica Patrick wasn’t in the spotlight during pre-race media availability. Thanks to a rare road course weekend, JR Motorsports brought in road course “ringer” Ron Fellows, even making a contest on Twitter out of his appearance, calling it #Fellows5.
Before Saturday’s race, Ricky Stenhouse Jr. had won the last three races at Iowa Speedway. Even when his engine blew and he was wrecking with teammate Carl Edwards, he still came to the checkered flag first to keep his wining streak alive.
- Following Danica Patrick: Indiana 250 07/30/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: STP 300 At Chicagoland Speedway 07/23/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: F.W. Webb 200 At New Hampshire 07/16/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Subway Jalapeno 250 At Daytona 07/09/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Feed The Children 300 At Kentucky 07/02/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Road America 06/25/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Alliance Truck Parts 250 At Michigan International Speedway 06/18/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Prelude To The Dream 06/11/2012
- Following Danica Patrick: Double Duty At Charlotte 05/29/2012