Latest Philly Cancer Research
Accelerating cancer research, promoting science, education and training, advancing cancer prevention diagnosis and treatment throughout the world.
It’s National Oral Cancer prevention month. As the number of cases in this country continue to climb, a local dentist stresses the importance of screening for the disease.
The generic diabetes drug Metformin, which has been around for years, is being studied as a possible wonder drug in the battle against cancer.
If you’re having pancreatic surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, your discharge orders now include a walking program.
Doctors are taking aim at wasteful, expensive and unnecessary medical tests and procedures. 3 On Your Side Health Reporter Stephanie Stahl has more on a new effort to fix the problem.
Lung cancer is the number one cause of cancer deaths in this country and now researchers at Fox Chase Cancer Center have discovered a link between the female hormone estrogen and the disease.
There are many potential genetic links to diseases like breast cancer and, the more we understand about them the more we are able to develop effective treatments.
The Susan G. Komen organization has restored funding to Planned Parenthood following criticism from liberal groups and lawmakers, after its decision to stop contributions to the organization.
A Philadelphia based money manager is about to undertake a quest that’ll take him, and seven cohorts, far from the world of finance — or anything on dry land for that matter.
Sixteen million Americans—or seven percent—have oral human papillomavirus (HPV), a sexually transmitted virus that can cause cancer.
When a family faces a medical crisis, every penny helps. Justin Alvarez of Vineland just turned 11, and cancer is taking its toll, but friends are making sure his parents can stay home to care for him.
Many women get tested for the breast cancer gene mutation then must decide whether to share the results with their children. A new study looks at what they’re deciding and how children react.
Shopping for that perfect anniversary gift isn’t easy, especially when your loved one is suffering through cancer treatment.
By Dr. Brian McDonough PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – There’s good news from the American Cancer Society. Cancer cases and cancer deaths have dropped in much of the United States. It is the lowest we’ve seen since […]
The holidays can be a tough time for families dealing with debilitating illnesses so a Delaware Valley non-profit organization is doing what it can to brighten things up just a bit.
- Last-Minute Fortune Seekers Buy Powerball Tickets (7)
- Did Cuban Pastries Affect Aroldis Chapman On Sunday? (7)
- Internet Celebrity Sought In New Jersey Murder, Arrested In Philadelphia (6)
- Center City Job Fair For Ex-Offenders Is Canceled After 3,000 Show Up (6)
- Convicted Murderer Dr. Kermit Gosnell Gets Life in Prison (5)
- Spike Eskin: Larry Brown Or How I Stopped Worrying And Learned To Love Basketball Analytics (4)
- Prince Harry Visits Jersey Shore To See Damage Caused By Hurricane Sandy (4)
- Oklahoma Tornado Rated EF-4 By National Weather Service, Second Strongest Ranking
- Lane Johnson Adjusting To NFL
- Clay Harbor Looks To Make Himself More Versatile
- Blog: Amazon Hiring Hundreds in Delaware
- Lesley’s Last Word: McNabb’s Return To Philly
- Blog: 31,000 Vehicles in Sandy Flood Database
- The Open
- BLOG: “Thwack”
- Blog: Domino’s And Dollar General Hiring
- Blog: Spirit Airlines To Give Away 25 Million Frequent Flyer Miles
- Too Quick To Tweet Israel 65- Kidcast Photos Rittenhouse Row Spring... Stotesbury Cup Regatta-...
- WIP Morning Show Intern... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... 138th Preakness Stakes Italian Market Festival
- Celebrity Photobombs GHI @Home - Copper Roofing Students Protest Budget Cuts... Barn, House Engulfed In Blaze...
- 2013 Stotesbury Cup Regatta Angelina Jolie Through The... 8th Annual Ride Of Silence Prince Harry Visits Sandy...