- PA State Police Trooper Dead In Barracks Shooting, Another Injured (15)
- Police: Baby Of Pregnant Woman Shot Dead In Frankford Dies (9)
- Police Release Sketches Of Teens Wanted In Attack Of 12-Year-Old In Wheelchair (7)
- Man Who Worked Both Sides Of Radical Muslim Fence Describes Being A Fanatic (7)
- Pregnant Woman Shot Dead In Frankford, Baby Critical (7)
- Woman Shot In The Face And Arm In Her Philadelphia Apartment (6)
- AP Newsbreak: Source Says Rice Video Sent To NFL (6)
- A Few Showers, Then Staying Comfortable
- Weather: Cool, Quiet Start To The Week
- Sun Today, Showers Tomorrow, Then More Sun
- Blog: Mega Pet Adoption Event 9/13 in Feasterville
- Blog: Philly Region 8th Most Expensive For Car Insurance
- Philadelphia Foreign Policy Expert Critical Of Pres. Obama’s ISIL Plan: ‘See Who Wins In The End’
- A Midweek Weather Break
- Sandberg On Rollins’ Injury: ‘He’s Day-To-Day,’ But Condition Is Better Than Originally Thought
- Weather: Another Cool, Gray Day for the Delaware Valley
- There Is Something Special Going On In The Sky Tonight: The Harvest Moon
Latest Philly Blogs
By Jim Donovan: For the second year in a row, Dunkin’ Donuts is offering its “Eagles Win. You Win!” promotion. The day following each Eagles win, there will be a coupon for a FREE medium […]
Yesterday was close to average with a high of 84, but highs today, tomorrow and Saturday surge back to around 90 with high humidity.
By Jim Donovan: I have to admit, I am obsessed with retirement planning. I even have a retirement app on my cell phone – as of this morning I have 2571 work days left until […]
Wednesday is going to be another warm day, but you will definitely feel a difference outside. Lower humidity levels means it will not feel nearly as oppressive as it did on Tuesday.
So much for the ‘end’ of summer! The Delaware Valley could see as many 90 degree readings this week as all of August.
A large dome of high pressure offshore is sending a very warm, moisture-rich air mass our way, allowing not just a spike in temperatures (low 90’s and upper 80’s Labor Day afternoon), but also soaring humidity levels. By Tuesday, a cold front will cross late in the day to at least help wipe out the humidity.
Expect partial sunshine for Labor Day with more chances for scattered showers and storms.
Wouldn’t you know it, just in time for his mom’s famous tofu burgers on the grill, gloomy Curtis Cloud returns to celebrate the holiday weekend.
Friday will be sunny and comfortably warm in the low 80s with low humidity.
Sunshine will dominate Thursday and Friday, with high temperatures in the lower 80s.
Another sultry day is in store for the Delaware Valley on Wednesday. Under mostly sunny skies, temperatures are once again expected to reach 90.
My biggest takeaway however involves the fact that the military equipment displayed by the Ferguson police has really focused people on how under the federal 1033 program local police departments have been given billions of military armament.
Under lots of sunshine, temperatures will continue to rise on Tuesday, topping out in the upper 80s.
Typical summer conditions make a comeback as a warmer air mass continues to build across the mid-Atlantic,