E-Cigarette Explodes In Man’s Pocket

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — A Kentucky man is recovering from severe burns after an e-cigarette explodes in his pocket.

Security cameras caught the exact moment the man’s pants burst into flames.

It happened while the man was trying to pay for his snacks at a convenience store.

A quick thinking cashier followed him out with a fire extinguisher.

Manoj Kumar, an employee says, “I was shocked! What was that? Do you have a bomb in your pocket? I was totally shocked.”

The victim suffered 2nd degree burns to his right leg but he is expected to recover.

More From CBS Philly

Latest Forecast
Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE