By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An overseas flight headed to Philadelphia had to make an emergency in Rome, Italy Saturday morning.
U.S. Airways flight 797 from Tel Aviv, Israel to Philadelphia made an unscheduled landing in Rome after a odor was detected and 13 passengers and crew members became ill.
“Two passengers and the crew were evaluated by medical personnel at the Rome Airport medical facility and have since been released,” said Martha Thomas, a spokesperson for the parent company, American Airlines. “The aircraft is being evaluated by our maintenance crew to determine what may have caused the odor.”
Thomas said the remaining passengers were accommodated on other flights.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Police: 6-Month-Old Found Dead In Trash Bag In Large Cat Litter Container
- Student Chefs Look To Cook Up Scholarships In Annual Center City Competition
- Snow Preparations Underway As Region Gets Ready For Nor’Easter #4
- Police: 1 Dead, 2 Injured In Maryland High School Shooting
- South Jersey Gearing Up For Fourth Nor’easter Of March