NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey woman died aboard a United Airlines flight from London that landed at Newark Liberty International Airport.
Police and a medical examiner were waiting when Flight 115 arrived at 9:45 p.m. Monday.
Port Authority Police spokesman Joe Pentangelo says the 23-year-old Newark resident was traveling alone.
Pentangelo says a doctor aboard the plane tried to help when the woman was found unconscious, however she died while in flight. Pentangelo says the woman may have had a pre-existing medical condition.
Pentangelo says there was no need to quarantine other passengers.
Authorities are awaiting results of an autopsy and have not yet released her name.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Former Radnor Township Commissioner Indicted On Federal Child Porn Charges
- Worker Dies After Forklift Falls In Water In New Castle County
- Public Health Officials: More Than 50 Percent Of Gun Owners Do Not Safely Store Their Guns
- Church: Cardinal’s ‘Nighty-Night, Baby’ Tweet Was For Sister
- Sometimes, Deals Like “Free Donuts” Are Too Good To Be True