By Hadas Kuznits
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Reading Terminal Market’s annual train display has been assembled for the holiday season.
“It is a 500 square foot model railroad display,” explains Reading Terminal marketing and event manager Sarah Levitsky.
She says the display has 17 working train lines, running on 1/3 of a mile of track:
“It is interactive. There are a number of different buttons that the kids can push to light things up and move the trains and trolleys.”
And Kids tell KYW Newsradio they were drawn to the display for different reasons:
“Well, they’re fast and they’re also really colorful.”
“Christmas and people having fun.”
“How fast they go!”
The railroad is on display through New Year’s Eve.
- Men Better Navigators Than Women, Study Says
- Temporary Street Closures In Center City Throughout Memorial Day Weekend
- Families Hit The Jersey Shore During Memorial Day Weekend
- SummerFest: A Philadelphia Summer
- Man Killed During Philly Prom Party Was A Good Man Who Cared About His Community, Family Says
- SummerFest: Teens Learn How To Build Boat At Independence Seaport Museum
- From Tall Ships On Delaware River To Decommissioned Ships At Navy Yard
- Philadelphia Police: Yasmine Wilkerson Wanted In Connection To Double Shooting Of Man, Pregnant Daughter
- Delaware Officials: More Than 600 People May Have Been Exposed To Tuberculosis
- Hersheypark Debuting ‘Longest Mat Racing’ Water Slide In World Memorial Day Weekend