PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The heavy winds and rain left thousands across the Philadelphia region without power Monday morning.
Fallen trees and downed power lines caused outages to homes and businesses in southern New Jersey, Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs.
At the peak of the outages, approximately 10,000 Atlantic City Electric customers were in the dark in Camden and Gloucester Counties.
Another 5,000 outages were reported by PECO across Philadelphia and its suburbs, with the majority of those affected in Delaware County.
Service was restored to most customers by 9 a.m.
You may also be interested in these news stories:
- Avila Leads Diamondbacks In 8-4 Win Over Phillies
- NBA Playoffs: 76ers Advance To Next Round After Beating Heat
- WATCH: Meek Mill Rings Bell At Sixers-Heat Game 5
- New York Times Questions If Eagles Will Visit Trump White House After Super Bowl Victory
- Phillies’ Nick Williams, Phanatic Help Local Kids Plant Tree