PHILADELPHIA (AP) — James Harden had 35 points and nine rebounds and Dwight Howard added 11 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Houston Rockets past the Philadelphia 76ers 104-93 on Monday night.
Trevor Ariza hit six 3-pointers and scored 24 points to help Houston improve to 4-0. The Rockets made 16 of 34 3-pointers and dominated the Sixers 47-31 on the boards.
Harden made his first 17 free throws and the Rockets had assists on 27 of 32 field goals.
Tony Wroten led the winless Sixers (0-4) with 20 points and K.J. McDaniels had 14.
Ariza picked up in Philadelphia where he left off in March when he scored a career-high 40 points and spoiled Allen Iverson’s jersey retirement celebration night. Playing for Washington, Ariza made all six 3-point attempts in the first quarter for 24 points and finished 14 of 23 from the floor overall.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Simmonds Scores 2 Goals, Helps Lift Flyers Past Capitals 6-3
- Roy Halladay’s Son Gets Standing Ovation After Tossing Perfect Inning
- Filppula Scores Go-Ahead Goal, Flyers Beat Hurricanes 4-2
- No. 1 Seed Villanova Rolls Past Alabama And Into Sweet 16
- No. 16 UMBC Stuns No. 1 Virginia 74-54 To Make NCAA History