By Matt Leon
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Tonight the 76ers will be in South Philadelphia to host the Miami Heat for their home opener. However, the game isn’t the only thing fans may want to check out.
Prior to the game the 76ers will unveil their state of the art new court projection system.
Sixers CEO Scott O’Neil says it’s worth showing up early for.
“It turns the hardwood into an IMAX theatre. Its kind of a 3D effect. So the open goes from looking up and straining your neck to see the center scoreboard to a kind of 3D extravaganza on the court,” he said. “It is spectacular and worth coming out for.”
The 76ers are one of a handful of NBA teams utilizing this new court projection system this season.
- Experiencing Reading Terminal Market ‘In A Whole New Light’ At Annual Fundraiser
- Billy Graham’s Body Arrives At Namesake Library
- Police: Man Found Dead Along SEPTA Regional Rail Line In Olney
- Adults Living With Congenital Heart Disease Have Resource Now Celebrating Milestone
- Delaware County Manufacturer Says It Will Benefit From New Federal Tax Laws