NEWARK, Del. (AP) — A Texas man died after being hit by a car in Delaware.
Delaware State Police say 39-year-old Carl Timm of Richardson, Texas, was trying to cross an intersection on a state highway in Newark, Delaware around 1 a.m. Wednesday when a car slammed into him, lost control and then hit an ambulance.
Police say the force of the impact vaulted Timm into the windshield of the car and then threw him into the roadway. Police say Timm was not in a crosswalk when he was hit and may have been drinking.
The driver of the car, 30-year-old Moses Tamba, was not injured.
The driver of the ambulance and a patient inside also were uninjured.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Dunkin’ Donuts Welcoming Summer With New Cake Batter Doughnut
- Hersheypark Debuting ‘Longest Mat Racing’ Water Slide In World Memorial Day Weekend
- Fiat Chrysler Recalling Nearly 5 Million Vehicles In US Over Cruise Control Issue
- Yacht Hosting High School Prom Crashes Into Docked Boat In Hoboken
- Free Tolls To Greet Drivers Heading To Jersey Shore Along Portion Of Atlantic City Expressway