PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — On Thursday, Giants’ defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul continued the trash talk, saying of the Eagles, “They could have easily been 0-4.” Of course, the Eagles are 4-1, so JPP’s math is a little off.
Eagles center Jason Kelce wasn’t going to let that slide.
“Well my response to that is, I don’t think Jason Pierre-Paul is smart enough to come up with that statement on his own,” Kelce told Angelo Cataldi and the 94WIP Morning Show Friday morning. “I think he’s the type of guy that just reiterates what his coaches have been telling him. So, I’m a little worried about Tom Coughlin’s math ’cause I feel like maybe that’s where it was screwed up. Maybe it was just relayed to him”
So you are not impressed by the intellect of the New York Giants?
“That is correct,” Kelce answered. “They are a good football team though, but yes.”
It started with Antrel Rolle, continued with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Prince Amukamara, and now it’s ending with Jason Pierre-Paul. The Giants are giving the Eagles a ton of bulletin board material for their Sunday night NFC East showdown in South Philadelphia.
Update: Former Giants kicker Lawrence Tynes responds to Kelce on Twitter:
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Pivetta Throws 7 Scoreless Innings, Phillies Top Braves 3-0
- Temple Football Returns From 9-Day Visit To Japan
- Carson Wentz Speaks At North Penn Valley Boys And Girls Club’s Annual Dinner
- NFL Analyst Lists Eagles’ Carson Wentz, Nick Foles As Top-3 NFC East Quarterbacks
- Phillies Offense Silenced In 5-1 Loss To Cardinals