NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A former member of the “Jersey Shore” cast is delaying a court hearing in his tax fraud case so he can film another reality TV show.
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino was scheduled to be arraigned on federal conspiracy and tax fraud counts Monday in Newark. But the proceeding was moved to Oct. 23 after Sorrentino’s lawyer said his client has to tape another reality show in Los Angeles.
Sorrentino and his fiancee are scheduled to appear on “Marriage Boot Camp” which films for two weeks ending Oct. 19.
Sorrentino and brother Marc pleaded not guilty at an initial court appearance last week. Prosecutors contend the pair filed false tax returns and overstated business expenses on about $9 million they earned through two businesses.
Both are free on $250,000 bail.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Twitter To Tell 677,775 People They Interacted With Kremlin-Linked Trolls
- PECO Won’t Run Eagles Crown Light Messages Hoping Not To ‘Jinx’ Team
- Family: Tom Petty Died Of An Accidental Overdose
- Officials: Sex Traffickers To Prey On Philadelphia During NFC Championship Weekend
- Wanted: Authorities Looking For 17-Year-Old Charged In Fatal Camden Shooting