GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J., (CBS) –UPDATE 9/5/14: Upon seeing the Gloucester Township Police Community Notification System Alert, police say a man who was driving a vehicle that matched the description of a reported suspicious vehicle, contacted the Gloucester Township Police.
Police were investigating after receiving a report Thursday that a suspicious vehicle approached children playing on the front lawn of a home on Monroe Drive in the Glen Oaks Development.
According to police, a subsequent interview and investigation revealed that the person was visiting a relative on Monroe Drive, and briefly stopped when he believed that the children were waving at him. Police say the children then ran away and he proceeded to leave the area. Upon seeing the Community Notification Alert, he realized that his was the vehicle involved. Police say the children’s parents were informed of these developments.
At this time, police say it is believed that no crime was committed, and that no attempted luring incident occurred. Information about the vehicle is no longer being sought, as investigators are confident that the vehicle has been identified.
Police say the driver, the children, and the parents involved acted properly by reporting the suspicious incident to the police.
You may also be interested in:
- Governor Wolf Calls For Investigation Into PPA Amid Sexual Harassment Scandal
- Free Clinics Available To Wipe Minor Criminal Offenses From Your Record
- A Change In New Jersey’s Political Landscape, For Next Year’s Governor’s Race
- Attorney General Spokesman: Porn Email Report ‘Unreliable’
- Trump Campaign Opens First Philadelphia Office