Allentown Man Facing Charges In Woman’s Strangulation Death
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Authorities in Pennsylvania say they are charging a man in the strangulation death of a woman in an apartment that authorities say was regularly used as a place to smoke crack cocaine.
Police said the 33-year-old Allentown man will face a homicide charge in Lehigh County in the death of 60-year-old Shirley Dileo, whose body was found over the Labor Day weekend.
Prosecutors said the victim was found after an unidentified person told police that there could be a body in the apartment. Officials said the informant said multiple people were smoking crack in the apartment over the weekend but the suspect wasn’t letting people enter the bathroom.
DiLeo’s body was found in the unit’s bathroom, and an autopsy concluded that she had been strangled.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- 140 Pairs Of Underwear Stolen From Northeastern Pa. Store In 4 Heists
- Police Searching For Man Who Robbed Popular Cobbs Creek Cheesesteak Shop 3 Times
- Doctors: Del. Family Sickened By Pesticide While Vacationing Will Probably Not Recover
- Sunburn Art: A Dangerous New Trend?
- Ocean City Retains Title As New Jersey’s Most Popular Beach