By Brad Segall
EAGLEVILLE, Pa. (CBS) — There will be a forum in Montgomery County tonight to give the public a chance to learn more about the potential legalization of marijuana for medical reasons in Pennsylvania.
The Senate bill would legalize the use of medical cannabis and empower doctors to prescribe it to patients, including children suffering from severe seizure disorders. The bill’s sponsor will be on hand along with medical cannabis specialists.
State Rep Mike Vereb wants to make it clear that he does not and will not support any commercial distribution of marijuana like some states, but he wants to learn more about this use.
“The only thing I’ve known about anything to do with marijuana obviously is putting bad guys in jail, but this is a total different conversation that’s one in which I plan on learning an awful lot,” said Vereb.
He says the forum is an opportunity to discuss the possible benefits and any risks associated with making it legal. The forum will be held at the Lower Providence Township building at 7pm.
- Meek Mill’s Close Friend, Attorney Describe His Prison Release, New Mission
- Montgomery County Police Officers Get Training On Autism
- TIMELINE: Meek Mill’s Legal Troubles Date Back To 2007
- Cosby Jury Questions Judge About Definition Of Consent, Witness Statement Accusing Constand Of Framing Actor
- Suspect In School Attack Plot Waives Right To Hearing In Exchange For Dropped Charge