Montco Forum To Discuss Potential Legalization Of Medical Marijuana
By Brad Segall
EAGLEVILLE, Pa. (CBS) — There will be a forum in Montgomery County tonight to give the public a chance to learn more about the potential legalization of marijuana for medical reasons in Pennsylvania.
The Senate bill would legalize the use of medical cannabis and empower doctors to prescribe it to patients, including children suffering from severe seizure disorders. The bill’s sponsor will be on hand along with medical cannabis specialists.
State Rep Mike Vereb wants to make it clear that he does not and will not support any commercial distribution of marijuana like some states, but he wants to learn more about this use.
“The only thing I’ve known about anything to do with marijuana obviously is putting bad guys in jail, but this is a total different conversation that’s one in which I plan on learning an awful lot,” said Vereb.
He says the forum is an opportunity to discuss the possible benefits and any risks associated with making it legal. The forum will be held at the Lower Providence Township building at 7pm.
- Cops: Homeowner Shot During Home Invasion In North Philadelphia
- New Music Friday: The Arcs, Travi$ Scott, And FIDLAR
- TSA Officer Reunites With Man After Saving His Life At Philadelphia International
- Cops: Suspect Threatens Worker With 2 x 4 Before Stealing Cash
- Reward Posted For Person Who Shot At South Jersey Cop Nearly 1 Year Ago