By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The jury has now seen crime scene photographs of the house and the bedroom where a 5-year-old girl was allegedly taken and abused after she was kidnapped from school last year.
The little victim had helped lead investigators to the house and her descriptions of a wall in the driveway, metal steps and a grill out back matched the property.
She also described a talking bird, a parrot inside the house.
Crime Scene Unit officer William Trenwith took pictures of the bird and has shown them to the jury.
Like an earlier witness testified, this was a bird with a foul mouth. The parrot cursed him every time he walked by, and the officer said the bird repeatedly told his partner, “You’re fired, you’re fired, you’re fired.”
He said it reminded him of that Donald Trump show. It was testimony that drew smiles and even some laughter in the courtroom, in an otherwise grim and grueling case.
During a police search, Trenwith took pictures of the house and the bedroom, where authorities believe the little girl was held blindfolded under a bed, moved out only briefly to eat and to be sexually assaulted.
Defendant Christina Regusters has pleaded not guilty.
The defense has pointed out through questioning that police found no Muslim clothing in the house – the kidnapper wore muslim garb – and investigators found no laundry bags. The victim says she was carried into the house inside a laundry bag.
- Obama: ‘This Is Just A Little Pit Stop’
- ‘Now Arrives The Hour Of Action’: Donald Trump Becomes 45th President Of United States
- Sources: Officials Investigate Double Fatal Fire In Delaware County
- Protesters Smash Windows, Police Use Pepper Spray Just Blocks From Trump’s Inauguration
- Trump Supporters Chant ‘Lock Her Up’ When Hillary Clinton Announced At Inauguration