By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The jury has now seen crime scene photographs of the house and the bedroom where a 5-year-old girl was allegedly taken and abused after she was kidnapped from school last year.
The little victim had helped lead investigators to the house and her descriptions of a wall in the driveway, metal steps and a grill out back matched the property.
She also described a talking bird, a parrot inside the house.
Crime Scene Unit officer William Trenwith took pictures of the bird and has shown them to the jury.
Like an earlier witness testified, this was a bird with a foul mouth. The parrot cursed him every time he walked by, and the officer said the bird repeatedly told his partner, “You’re fired, you’re fired, you’re fired.”
He said it reminded him of that Donald Trump show. It was testimony that drew smiles and even some laughter in the courtroom, in an otherwise grim and grueling case.
During a police search, Trenwith took pictures of the house and the bedroom, where authorities believe the little girl was held blindfolded under a bed, moved out only briefly to eat and to be sexually assaulted.
Defendant Christina Regusters has pleaded not guilty.
The defense has pointed out through questioning that police found no Muslim clothing in the house – the kidnapper wore muslim garb – and investigators found no laundry bags. The victim says she was carried into the house inside a laundry bag.
- CBS 3 Gets Rare Access Into Life-Saving 21-Day Flight Attendant Training Program
- Police: 72-Year-Old Woman Found Bound In Closet 4 Days After Being Assaulted, Robbed
- GOP-Sponsored Bill Blocks Over $1 Billion In Funding To Pennsylvania Sanctuary Cities
- Judge Rules Jury For Cosby Trial Will Be Picked From Another County
- 4 Dead, 2 Injured After Plane Hits Houses In California