Howie Roseman Ranked 11th Best NFL GM
Buy Eagles Tickets
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Howie Roseman has seen his fair share of ups and downs since taking over as the general manager of the Philadelphia Eagles in 2010. Roseman has overseen the end of an Eagles era, and has done a nice job quickly rebuilding the franchise into a contender again.
Sporting News recently ranked all of the general managers in the NFL, ranking Roseman outside the top-10, at No. 11.
“Roseman came up through the Eagles ranks during Andy Reid’s long tenure and is now entering Year 5,” David Steele wrote for SportingNews.com. “During his time, he’s had to help replace Reid himself, along with Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick and the other remaining names of that era. Last year, they won a division with Chip Kelly, Nick Foles and LeSean McCoy. Roseman hasn’t turned 40 yet. The sky is the limit.”
While the ranking may initially seem a bit low, Steele does praise Roseman’s upside. Here are the other GM’s ranked ahead of Roseman:
1. Ozzie Newsome – Baltimore Ravens
2. Ted Thompson – Green Bay Packers
3. Jerry Reese – New York Giants
4. John Schneider – Seattle Seahawks
5. Bill Belichick – New England Patriots
6. Trent Baalke – San Francisco 49ers
7. Mickey Loomis – New Orleans Saints
8. John Elway – Denver Broncos
9. Kevin Colbert – Pittsburgh Steelers
10. Ryan Grigson – Indianapolis Colts
Note: Roseman will join the 94WIP Mike & Ike Show on Wednesday at 10:20am.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories: