PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two people have been taken to the hospital following a serious car accident in Northeast Philadelphia.
Chopper 3 was over the scene of the Roosevelt Boulevard and Hornig Road.
Officials say the 66-year-old male victim was standing under his vehicle’s hood, with his flashers on, when a young mother, with her baby in the backseat, slammed into him.
He was rushed to the hospital and witnesses say he was awake and speaking.
The female driver suffered a broken leg in the crash. She has been transported to Aria-Torresdale Hospital.
A witness, Ralson Oqendo, says, “She was doing every bit of 60 mph. She hit him and he flew in the air, hit my truck, and couldn’t move.”
No word on the man’s condition at this time. Witnesses tell Eyewitness News the baby is okay.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Philadelphia Police Searching For Suspect, Victims In Sledgehammer Road Rage Attack
- Principal: Russell Byers Charter School Teacher Suspended After Bringing Gun To School
- Family, Friends Continue Searching For Man Who Fell Off Boat In Delaware River
- Survivor: Ghost Island: Philly Native Wendell Holland Winner Of Season 36
- Borgata Designing New Venue For Sports Betting