PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Two people have been taken to the hospital following a serious car accident in Northeast Philadelphia.
Chopper 3 was over the scene of the Roosevelt Boulevard and Hornig Road.
Officials say the 66-year-old male victim was standing under his vehicle’s hood, with his flashers on, when a young mother, with her baby in the backseat, slammed into him.
He was rushed to the hospital and witnesses say he was awake and speaking.
The female driver suffered a broken leg in the crash. She has been transported to Aria-Torresdale Hospital.
A witness, Ralson Oqendo, says, “She was doing every bit of 60 mph. She hit him and he flew in the air, hit my truck, and couldn’t move.”
No word on the man’s condition at this time. Witnesses tell Eyewitness News the baby is okay.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Local Standing Rock Supporters Positive, But Cautious About Pipeline Halt
- What Rules Should Cyclists Be Following?
- Is The Holiday Season Making You Sneeze?
- Weekend Box Office: Animation Rules Again
- Baby Born On Plane En Route To Orlando From Philadelphia