WILLINGBORO, N.J., (CBS) — Willingboro’s town council reversed course on renaming a well-known building after President Barack Obama.
The crowd at Tuesday night’s council meeting voiced opposition to renaming the John F. Kennedy Center for President Obama.
The council voted unanimously to shelve the matter, meaning the name on the building stays the same.
The building used to be a high school, but in recent years has operated as a community center.
“I am an alumni of John F. Kennedy High School. There’s a lot of history here in Willingboro as it pertains to John F. Kennedy. He visited this great city. We have the John F. Kennedy Center, we have Kennedy Way. I was not for changing the name,” Yvonne Stepney said.
The center is currently undergoing a renovation.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Barnes & Noble To Host Harry Potter Holiday Ball
- Sharing The Road: How Cyclists & Drivers Can Learn To Get Along
- How To Handle Unwanted Gifts, Unique Ideas For Those Tough To Shop For
- Police Make Arrest Following ATM Robbery In Cherry Hill
- PA Target Hosting Sensory Friendly Shopping Hours For Those With Autism