WILLINGBORO, N.J., (CBS) — Willingboro’s town council reversed course on renaming a well-known building after President Barack Obama.
The crowd at Tuesday night’s council meeting voiced opposition to renaming the John F. Kennedy Center for President Obama.
The council voted unanimously to shelve the matter, meaning the name on the building stays the same.
The building used to be a high school, but in recent years has operated as a community center.
“I am an alumni of John F. Kennedy High School. There’s a lot of history here in Willingboro as it pertains to John F. Kennedy. He visited this great city. We have the John F. Kennedy Center, we have Kennedy Way. I was not for changing the name,” Yvonne Stepney said.
The center is currently undergoing a renovation.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- PPA Cuts Ribbon On Newly Renovated Parking Garage In Center City
- Reward Increased To $76K In Fatal Shooting Of 8-Year-Old Camden Girl
- Why Some Are Stealing Medications From Their Pets
- Pastors Look To Pick Up Pieces After Fire Rips Through West Philly Church
- Police: 5 Shot In Egg Harbor Township Shootings, 1 Dead