WILLINGBORO, N.J., (CBS) — Willingboro’s town council reversed course on renaming a well-known building after President Barack Obama.
The crowd at Tuesday night’s council meeting voiced opposition to renaming the John F. Kennedy Center for President Obama.
The council voted unanimously to shelve the matter, meaning the name on the building stays the same.
The building used to be a high school, but in recent years has operated as a community center.
“I am an alumni of John F. Kennedy High School. There’s a lot of history here in Willingboro as it pertains to John F. Kennedy. He visited this great city. We have the John F. Kennedy Center, we have Kennedy Way. I was not for changing the name,” Yvonne Stepney said.
The center is currently undergoing a renovation.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Police: New Jersey School Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Crash In Mount Olive Had License Suspended 14 Times
- Philadelphia Police Arrest Zahmir White In Easter Sunday Shooting Death Of Teen
- Authorities: Priest Catches Couple Having Sex At Church
- Philadelphia DA Finds 2016 Fatal Police-Involved Shooting Of Richard Ferretti ‘Justified’
- Police Investigating Sudden Death Of 14-Year-Old Girl In East Germantown