Willingboro Council Abandons Rec Center Name Change
WILLINGBORO, N.J., (CBS) — Willingboro’s town council reversed course on renaming a well-known building after President Barack Obama.
The crowd at Tuesday night’s council meeting voiced opposition to renaming the John F. Kennedy Center for President Obama.
The council voted unanimously to shelve the matter, meaning the name on the building stays the same.
The building used to be a high school, but in recent years has operated as a community center.
“I am an alumni of John F. Kennedy High School. There’s a lot of history here in Willingboro as it pertains to John F. Kennedy. He visited this great city. We have the John F. Kennedy Center, we have Kennedy Way. I was not for changing the name,” Yvonne Stepney said.
The center is currently undergoing a renovation.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Man Shot By Neighbor In Lawncrest
- Authorities: Man Tried To Steal Items From Gloucester Township Cell Phone Tower
- Women’s World Cup Brings In New Fans, More Money For Local Businesses
- Norristown Man Arraigned In Murder Of Elderly Woman In East Mount Airy
- I-95 Reopens One NB Lane After Accident Shuts Down Section In Delaware County