WILLINGBORO, N.J., (CBS) — Willingboro’s town council reversed course on renaming a well-known building after President Barack Obama.
The crowd at Tuesday night’s council meeting voiced opposition to renaming the John F. Kennedy Center for President Obama.
The council voted unanimously to shelve the matter, meaning the name on the building stays the same.
The building used to be a high school, but in recent years has operated as a community center.
“I am an alumni of John F. Kennedy High School. There’s a lot of history here in Willingboro as it pertains to John F. Kennedy. He visited this great city. We have the John F. Kennedy Center, we have Kennedy Way. I was not for changing the name,” Yvonne Stepney said.
The center is currently undergoing a renovation.
Must Read Today’s Top Stories
- Groundbreaking King Midas Exhibit Premieres In Philadelphia
- Christie’s Last-Minute Push In New Hampshire Ahead Of Primary
- Study: Winning Can Lead To Cheating
- Man Fatally Shot After Gunfire Erupts Outside Delaware TGI Fridays
- Recap: Sixers Lose To L.A. Clippers, 98-92 In OT