By Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Netflix has launched a new social feature that lets subscribers suggest content to friends privately — a change from the current experience of sharing everything publicly.
Netflix will now ask users a question each time they finish watching a movie or TV show like “House of Cards:” Do you want to suggest this video to a friend?
If so, users are able to choose from a list of Facebook Friends and add a message.
Instead of posting that as a status update or sending it to your friends’ Newsfeeds, Netflix will just notify those friends that you have suggested a certain program.
If that friend hasn’t connected their Netflix and Facebook accounts, Netflix will send the user a private message using Facebook Messenger.
Friends have the option to thank you for your recommendation, and you’ll be alerted when they watch your show.
By giving viewers better control, Netflix hopes more of their 50 million users worldwide will connect their accounts with Facebook and help expand the reach of the streaming video service.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Security Remains Tight At Philly International Following Terror Attack In Turkey
- Toyota Recalls More Than 1 Million Cars For Defective Air Bags
- Poll: Clinton And Trump Run Neck-And-Neck
- Camden Cab Driver Hospitalized After Stabbing
- Istanbul Terror Attack: 41 Killed; Airport Resumes Flights Amid Blood, Shattered Glass