By Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Netflix has launched a new social feature that lets subscribers suggest content to friends privately — a change from the current experience of sharing everything publicly.
Netflix will now ask users a question each time they finish watching a movie or TV show like “House of Cards:” Do you want to suggest this video to a friend?
If so, users are able to choose from a list of Facebook Friends and add a message.
Instead of posting that as a status update or sending it to your friends’ Newsfeeds, Netflix will just notify those friends that you have suggested a certain program.
If that friend hasn’t connected their Netflix and Facebook accounts, Netflix will send the user a private message using Facebook Messenger.
Friends have the option to thank you for your recommendation, and you’ll be alerted when they watch your show.
By giving viewers better control, Netflix hopes more of their 50 million users worldwide will connect their accounts with Facebook and help expand the reach of the streaming video service.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Italy Earthquake: Buildings Collapse In Town Of Amatrice
- DE Baby’s First Shoes A Gift From USA Basketball Star Elena Delle Donne
- How A Longer Commute Can Add To Your Waistline
- After Report, VP Nominee Pence Calls For Shut Down Of Clinton Foundation
- One Local Group Works To Help Patients Fight A Rare Zika Related Syndrome