SOMERS POINT, N.J. (CBS) — Eight adults and a child were displaced by a fire early Sunday morning at the Bay Island Inn in Somers Point, New Jersey, according to the Red Cross.
The inn is located at 145 Longport Boulevard.
One resident of the inn was taken to the hospital for medical attention.
The Southern Shore Chapter of the American Red Cross and volunteer disaster responders arrived at the inn around 4:30 am to provide assistance for those displaced by the fire, including food, transportation, and clothing.
The Egg Harbor Township Fire Department is investigating the cause of the fire.
- TV Crew Attempts To Pass Fake Bomb Through Airport Security
- Prosecutors Want To Call 19 Other Accusers At Cosby Retrial
- Doctor Warns That Being An Eagles Fan Could Be Hazardous To Your Health
- ‘Lots Of Joking And Teasing’: Two New Jersey Rabbis Stand Divided For NFC Championship Game
- Judge: South Jersey Doctor Must Stay In Jail Before Trial On Wife Slaying