SOMERS POINT, N.J. (CBS) — Eight adults and a child were displaced by a fire early Sunday morning at the Bay Island Inn in Somers Point, New Jersey, according to the Red Cross.
The inn is located at 145 Longport Boulevard.
One resident of the inn was taken to the hospital for medical attention.
The Southern Shore Chapter of the American Red Cross and volunteer disaster responders arrived at the inn around 4:30 am to provide assistance for those displaced by the fire, including food, transportation, and clothing.
The Egg Harbor Township Fire Department is investigating the cause of the fire.
- 2 Children Electrocuted By Power Lines Knocked Down During Storm
- Attorney: New Jersey Couple Receives Another Letter From ‘The Watcher’
- Twitter Takes Another Swipe At Easing Character Limit
- NAACP Leaders Pushing For Laundromat Owner To Be Charged For Shooting Alleged Robber
- Poll: Media Trusted More Than President In News Coverage, But Not By Everyone