Fire Displaces Residents Of Somers Point Inn
SOMERS POINT, N.J. (CBS) — Eight adults and a child were displaced by a fire early Sunday morning at the Bay Island Inn in Somers Point, New Jersey, according to the Red Cross.
The inn is located at 145 Longport Boulevard.
One resident of the inn was taken to the hospital for medical attention.
The Southern Shore Chapter of the American Red Cross and volunteer disaster responders arrived at the inn around 4:30 am to provide assistance for those displaced by the fire, including food, transportation, and clothing.
The Egg Harbor Township Fire Department is investigating the cause of the fire.
- City and Church Leaders Note Significance of Pope’s Independence Hall Stop
- Christie’s Presidential Announcement Draws a Jersey Ho-Hum
- WXPN Morning Host Michaela Majoun Wraps Up 25-Year Career On Air
- NJ Man Whose Dog Died After Truck Plunged Into Frozen River Indicted
- Police Find Car Of Elderly Woman Murdered Inside Her Home In NW Philadelphia