Fire Displaces Residents Of Somers Point Inn
SOMERS POINT, N.J. (CBS) — Eight adults and a child were displaced by a fire early Sunday morning at the Bay Island Inn in Somers Point, New Jersey, according to the Red Cross.
The inn is located at 145 Longport Boulevard.
One resident of the inn was taken to the hospital for medical attention.
The Southern Shore Chapter of the American Red Cross and volunteer disaster responders arrived at the inn around 4:30 am to provide assistance for those displaced by the fire, including food, transportation, and clothing.
The Egg Harbor Township Fire Department is investigating the cause of the fire.
- While Crews Gear Up To Tackle Snowy Roads, PennDOT Reminds Drivers To Be Prepared And Flexible When Traveling
- 4-Year-Old Dead, 4 Injured In Feltonville Fire
- Philadelphia’s Archbishop Says He Knew of Pope Francis’ Planned Visit Early On
- 2 Million Could Turn Out For Pope In Philadelphia
- In Camden, NJ, Hometown Supermarket and Local Sports Hero Give Away Turkeys