SOMERS POINT, N.J. (CBS) — Eight adults and a child were displaced by a fire early Sunday morning at the Bay Island Inn in Somers Point, New Jersey, according to the Red Cross.
The inn is located at 145 Longport Boulevard.
One resident of the inn was taken to the hospital for medical attention.
The Southern Shore Chapter of the American Red Cross and volunteer disaster responders arrived at the inn around 4:30 am to provide assistance for those displaced by the fire, including food, transportation, and clothing.
The Egg Harbor Township Fire Department is investigating the cause of the fire.
- Mom Who Rolled Onto Baby While High Pleads Guilty In Child’s Death
- Victoria’s Secret Apologizes To Customer Who Says She Was Racially Profiled
- Truck Containing $500K In Purses Stolen From NJ Warehouse
- Woman Accused Of Selling Deadly Dose Of Heroin Could Face Up To 40 Years In Prison
- Man Charged After Allegedly Telling Passerby He Killed His Mother