By Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — There’s a new social network and it’s based here in Philadelphia.
Spotlight is an open social network — meaning you can see everyone’s posts, not just friends– but you’re only allowed to post five times a day and you can post anonymously.
“I wanted to create a new platform that would motivate and inspire people to write great stories and create art,” says creator and CEO Kevin Brophy.
One user with the most “likes” in August is going to win $10,000, and every user has a fair chance to win.
“Instead of paying agencies or other types of users to become influencers on Spotlight,” Brophy says, “let’s just be out in the open and make it a contest, give our marketing dollars right back to the users.”
The $10,000 contest ends Sunday, but a new one starts on September 1st and the network will be giving away $2,000 per week to the user with the most likes.
Spotlight is available for Android and iOS.
- Ted Cruz Takes On Caitlyn Jenner Over Transgender Bathroom Debate
- The Jungle Book Keeps Crown At Box Office
- Royal Family Release Photos Of Princess Charlotte Ahead Of 1st Birthday
- Thousands Brave Chilly Rain To Take Part In 37th Annual Broad Street Run
- 100-Year-Old Runner Breaks World Record At Penn Relays