Philadelphia Based Social Network ‘Spotlights’ Cash Giveaways
By Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — There’s a new social network and it’s based here in Philadelphia.
Spotlight is an open social network — meaning you can see everyone’s posts, not just friends– but you’re only allowed to post five times a day and you can post anonymously.
“I wanted to create a new platform that would motivate and inspire people to write great stories and create art,” says creator and CEO Kevin Brophy.
One user with the most “likes” in August is going to win $10,000, and every user has a fair chance to win.
“Instead of paying agencies or other types of users to become influencers on Spotlight,” Brophy says, “let’s just be out in the open and make it a contest, give our marketing dollars right back to the users.”
The $10,000 contest ends Sunday, but a new one starts on September 1st and the network will be giving away $2,000 per week to the user with the most likes.
Spotlight is available for Android and iOS.
- Speed Limits Reduced On Several Area Roadways Due To Winter Weather Conditions
- Pa. High Court Takes Up Gov. Wolf’s Death Penalty Moratorium
- Could We See The Biggest Snowstorm Of The Season This Week?
- New Accusations Surface Against Chester County Priest Charged With Explicit Exchanges With Minors
- Community Cancellations: Tuesday, March 3rd