Philadelphia Based Social Network ‘Spotlights’ Cash Giveaways
By Melony Roy
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — There’s a new social network and it’s based here in Philadelphia.
Spotlight is an open social network — meaning you can see everyone’s posts, not just friends– but you’re only allowed to post five times a day and you can post anonymously.
“I wanted to create a new platform that would motivate and inspire people to write great stories and create art,” says creator and CEO Kevin Brophy.
One user with the most “likes” in August is going to win $10,000, and every user has a fair chance to win.
“Instead of paying agencies or other types of users to become influencers on Spotlight,” Brophy says, “let’s just be out in the open and make it a contest, give our marketing dollars right back to the users.”
The $10,000 contest ends Sunday, but a new one starts on September 1st and the network will be giving away $2,000 per week to the user with the most likes.
Spotlight is available for Android and iOS.
- Community Mourns Loss Of 16-Year-Old Girl Struck, Killed By SUV In Bucks County
- Philadelphia Furniture Bank Opens In Kensington
- Police Announce Surveillance Camera Registry Program In Lindenwold
- Gov.-elect Tom Wolf Visits Philadelphia To Address Pa. Budget
- Investigation Into The Motive Behind Montgomery County Shooting Spree Continues