PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Cody Parkey impressed on Thursday night in the Eagles’ preseason finale and he may have earned himself a job with the Eagles. According to a report from NJ.com, the Eagles have informed Parkey that he will be kept on the Eagles’ 53 man roster.
Parkey went 3-3 in the final preseason game which included field goals of 53 and 54 yards. He also added one from 25 yards.
The addition of Parkey to the team spells the end of Alex Henery’s run with the Eagles. Henery missed two field goals during the preseason including a 31 yard miss. The Eagles were forced to trade for Parkey ahead of the third preseason game to provide competition for Henery.
Henery was a 4th round draft selection by the Eagles while Parkey was an undrafted rookie free agent.
The final 53 man roster has to be set by 4 p.m. on Saturday.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Boxing Shines With Riveting Prime-Time Fight
- Keidel: Jose Reyes, The New York Mets And The Sad Business Of Baseball
- This Week In Golf: Navy Vet Billy Hurley III Wins Quicken Loans National
- Eric Lindros To Be Inducted Into Hall Of Fame
- Velasquez Back On Mound As Phillies Visit Arizona