PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Cody Parkey impressed on Thursday night in the Eagles’ preseason finale and he may have earned himself a job with the Eagles. According to a report from NJ.com, the Eagles have informed Parkey that he will be kept on the Eagles’ 53 man roster.
Parkey went 3-3 in the final preseason game which included field goals of 53 and 54 yards. He also added one from 25 yards.
The addition of Parkey to the team spells the end of Alex Henery’s run with the Eagles. Henery missed two field goals during the preseason including a 31 yard miss. The Eagles were forced to trade for Parkey ahead of the third preseason game to provide competition for Henery.
Henery was a 4th round draft selection by the Eagles while Parkey was an undrafted rookie free agent.
The final 53 man roster has to be set by 4 p.m. on Saturday.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Philly Soccer Show: Midfielder Medunjanin Helps Power Union During Winning Streak
- Cody Rhodes: ‘I Spoke Too Soon’ About Picking New Wrestling Home
- Jim Harbaugh Takes Responsibility For 2011 Incident With Jim Schwartz
- Report: 76ers Will Pursue Spurs G Patty Mills
- Allen Iverson Puts LeBron James On His Basketball Mount Rushmore