PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Caplan, the Eagles will release running back Henry Josey.
As a sophomore at Missouri in 2011, Josey suffered a torn left patellar tendon and torn anterior cruciate and medial collateral ligament. Amazingly, Josey returned to the football field in 2013, playing in all 14 games, rushing for 1,166 yards on 174 carries for 16 touchdowns.
Josey went undrafted, but has been excellent this preseason for the Eagles, rushing for 225 yards on 34 carries (6.6 yards per carry).
All NFL teams must reduce their rosters from 75 to 53 by 4 p.m. on Saturday.
You may also be interested in these Sports stories:
- Chris Long: ‘I’m Here To Show Support As A White Athlete’
- 6 Highlights From Eagles Vs. Bills
- Darby Has Impressive Debut, Eagles Beat Bills 20-16
- LeSean McCoy Orders 200 Cheesesteaks, Crab Fries For Bills Teammates
- Tailgating Season Has Begun For Eagles Fans