PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Police have released more information on a robbery that happened in a Northeast Philadelphia parking lot on Thursday.
The incident happened at 6:07 p.m. in Rhawnhurst. Police say a 37-year-old male was at the Citizens Bank at 2101 Bleigh Avenue at the Pathmark/Citizens Bank parking lot trying to make a cash deposit of about $70,000.
After he parked his car, two unknown males parked their own vehicle behind him. The suspects then came to the victim’s driver’s door.
One was armed with a handgun and attempted to enter the victim’s car, but was unsuccessful.
One of the suspects then struck the driver’s window and broke it. While the victim attempted to block the suspect’s attempts to get inside his vehicle, the suspect fired a shot, striking the victim in the arm.
At that point, one suspect broke the victim’s passenger side window and stole the cash deposit bag.
The suspects then fled the scene and were last seen leaving the park lot heading north on Large Street.
The victim sustained one gunshot wound to his right bicep with an exit wound through his right forearm and was taken to Aria Torresdale, where he is in stable condition.
One suspect is described as a black male who was clean shaven and about 5’3”. He was wearing black Muslim garb and was armed with a handgun.
The second suspect is also a black male. He is said to be about 6’0” tall and was wearing black Muslim garb and a black mask.
Anyone with information should call police.
To view the surveillance video, visit The Philadelphia Police YouTube channel.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Scientists Working On New Treatment For Patients With Chronic Itch Conditions
- West Chester Senior Living Facility That Went Up In Flames Previously Cited For Safety Violations
- Lehigh Valley Farm Providing White House With Thanksgiving Turkeys For Nearly 60 Years
- Philadelphia Sheriff Faces Sexual Harassment Complaints
- Police Searching For Group Of Teens Following 3 Attacks Near Temple University