PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Jay Z’s Made in America Festival is hitting Philadelphia this Labor Day weekend, and a young cancer patient has high hopes of meeting the rap star.
The first, which Tom has renamed “Bald So Hard,” focuses on the loss of his hair due to chemo.
“Bald so hard/this head got shiny/glare behind me,” Tom raps of chemotherapy, replacing the words “fish filet” with the more palatable “mozzarella sticks.”
The second song, a cover of the Jay Z’s “Empire State of Mind,” is a rap about life at CHOP rather than life in the Big Apple.
“Let’s hear it for CHOP, CHOP, CHOP…” the chorus goes. “These treatments make you feel brand new/These docs will inspire you.”
“I made this video to explain the everyday life of a cancer patient in a more unique way,” Tom says at the end of the video, before holding up a sign with the hashtag #BaldSoHard.
Tom also asks viewers to share his video with their friends and requests that Jay Z stop in and “hang out” the next time he’s in Philly.
To see Tom’s video, click here.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- ‘I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant’: Woman Surprised By Baby Boy’s Arrival
- Buddies For Blue Program Helping Children During Stressful Situations
- US Flu Season Off To An Early Start; Widespread In 7 States
- Police: Driver Killed On Impact After Hit By Debris On Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Granny Basketball League Recruiting Women Over 50