Just In Time For Made In America, Young Cancer Patient At CHOP Covers Jay Z In Hopes Of Meeting The Rapper
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Jay Z’s Made in America Festival is hitting Philadelphia this Labor Day weekend, and a young cancer patient has high hopes of meeting the rap star.
The first, which Tom has renamed “Bald So Hard,” focuses on the loss of his hair due to chemo.
“Bald so hard/this head got shiny/glare behind me,” Tom raps of chemotherapy, replacing the words “fish filet” with the more palatable “mozzarella sticks.”
The second song, a cover of the Jay Z’s “Empire State of Mind,” is a rap about life at CHOP rather than life in the Big Apple.
“Let’s hear it for CHOP, CHOP, CHOP…” the chorus goes. “These treatments make you feel brand new/These docs will inspire you.”
“I made this video to explain the everyday life of a cancer patient in a more unique way,” Tom says at the end of the video, before holding up a sign with the hashtag #BaldSoHard.
Tom also asks viewers to share his video with their friends and requests that Jay Z stop in and “hang out” the next time he’s in Philly.
To see Tom’s video, click here.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers
- 140 Pairs Of Underwear Stolen From Northeastern Pa. Store In 4 Heists
- Police Searching For Man Who Robbed Popular Cobbs Creek Cheesesteak Shop 3 Times
- Doctors: Del. Family Sickened By Pesticide While Vacationing Will Probably Not Recover
- Sunburn Art: A Dangerous New Trend?
- Ocean City Retains Title As New Jersey’s Most Popular Beach