Governor Christie Kicking Off Labor Day Weekend At The Jersey Shore
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. (AP) — Gov. Chris Christie will kick off Labor Day weekend at the beach.
The governor is scheduled to travel Friday morning to Seaside Heights for a stroll along the boardwalk.
He’ll then do the same in Point Pleasant Beach on Jenkinson’s Boardwalk in the afternoon.
Christie has made a tradition of visiting the shore to encourage tourism, especially in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
AAA Mid-Atlantic predicts more than 1 million New Jerseyans plan to travel 50 miles or more from home this weekend. That’s up 1 percent from last year.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Firefighters Battle 4-Alarm Fire In Delaware County
- AP: Bill Cosby Admitted He Got Drugs To Give Women For Sex
- Covered Bridge In Valley Forge National Historical Park Closed Due To Damage
- Body Found In New Jersey Inlet Is Missing Pennsylvania Teen
- Police: 1 Injured After Dump Truck Overturns In Delaware