5 South Jersey Counties Make Top 15 In List Of Most Dangerous In The U.S.
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Do you feel safe living in Ocean, Cape May, Atlantic, Burlington or Camden County?
A new report may have you second guessing yourself. Time just released its list of the ‘Most Dangerous Counties’ in the country and all five South Jersey Counties come in the top 15 for the entire U.S.
The study looks at storm events like Sandy and Irene, as well as every event in the U.S. that has caused ‘death, property damage, injuries or crop damage.’
Findings released in the study show that Jersey Shore communities are MOST vulnerable to tidal flooding and storms like Sandy.
Researchers came up with the list by using the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) storm events database, which goes back to 1950 for earthquakes and tornados and 1996 for all other events.
If you are reading this and wondering where you can feel safe, all signs point to Sweet Grass County, Montana.
To see the full list, click here.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Water Ice Oasis: Philadelphia-based Rita’s Expanding To The Middle East
- Study: Does Your Zip Code Affect How Much You Pay For Car Insurance?
- Philadelphia Ranked Third Best City For Workers Without A College Degree
- PPA Says It Plans To Impound Lyft Cars Caught Carrying Passengers
- Millions Of U.S. Pets Overweight Or Obese