Sixers Enhance Game Presentations With New 3D Technology
Buy 76ers Tickets
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — According to a report in the Philadelphia Business Journal, the Sixers have acquired new 3D technology from Quince Imaging to improve the overall quality of pre-game and post-game shows. The technology can turn the court into a giant movie screen and allow for three dimensional and four dimensional displays on the surface.
The technology was acquired by Joshua Harris and will be used by the 76ers and the New Jersey Devils, the other sports franchise that Harris owns. The technology is installed at the Wells Fargo Center, but it will not be utilized by the Flyers.
According to the article, the Sixers are just the third NBA team to use the technology. The Miami Heat and the Cleveland Cavaliers also possess the 3D projectors.
CLICK HERE to see the technology in use by the Miami Heat.
The purchase of the technology aligns with the Sixers ownership’s consistent goal of trying to make Sixers games an overall entertainment experience. Those who have seen this technology in use are well aware of its ability to enhance any on court presentation.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Musicians + Sports: Darius Rucker Lives for Football: See His Pregame Soundtrack
- St. Joseph Prep’s John Reid Is The 2014 Player Of The Year
- Utley On Rollins: ‘I Will Miss Our Pre-Game Handshake’
- Phillies Trade Jimmy Rollins To Dodgers
- WWE Diva Naomi Proves Fake Pro Wrestling Storylines Aren’t As Fake As You Think