JACKSON, N.J., (CBS) — Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey has announced plans for a new roller coaster expected to debut in 2015.
Looping Dragon will become the theme park’s thirteenth roller coaster.
The park says 24 riders sitting in “face-off” seats rocket forward and backward pendulum style until the train gains enough momentum to complete a full revolution seven stories in the air. The coaster then kicks into high gear, completing full revolutions until it stops momentarily with riders suspended upside down, and then reverses direction.
“Looping Dragon is a great addition to our diverse roller coaster collection because it delivers speed and thrills that appeal to both our younger and more experienced thrill-seekers alike,” said Park President John Fitzgerald in a news release.
Looping Dragon will join Six Flags Great Adventure’s Golden Kingdom section, which is home to what the park calls the world’s tallest and fastest drop ride, Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom, and what it calls the world’s tallest and fastest roller coaster, Kingda Ka.
The park says Looping Dragon will have a 48-inch height requirement. The ride is expected to debut in the late spring of 2015.
You may also be interested in:
- Twitter Officially Shuts Down Vine
- Police: All Clear After Suspicious Package Forces Evacuations At Temple University
- Philly Bar Manager Shot, Killed By Security Guard Following Altercation
- Study: Eating Hot Chili Peppers May Help You Live Longer
- New Jersey Lt. Gov. Guadagno Launches Gubernatorial Campaign