By John Ostapkovich
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — After the successful debut season of the city’s pop-up park, Spruce Street Harbor, ends, it won’t be long until another waterfront attraction returns.
The Blue Cross River Rink is still about three months away from re-opening on the edge of the Delaware River, but for the second year it won’t be alone. Emma Fried-Cassorla, of the Delaware River Waterfront Corporation, says there will be improvements.
“The actual name is called The Lodge at Waterfront Winterfest, and again it’ll be a lot more “ski lodgey” than it was last year, and that’s the theme that we’re working on,” she says. “We had a restaurant and bar last year and we’re really going to be redoing it, so that it’s much cozier and has more activities inside of it.”
Fired-Cassorla says they’re searching for an equivalent to the hammocks which were a big part of the appeal of the Spruce Street Harbor Park.
There will also be an emphasis on firepits, because one of the major things learned is people like to be warm.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Notable Women Stand With Hillary Clinton On Historic Night
- Stephen Colbert Introduces The ‘Hilly Fanatic’ During DNC Show
- Ashley Judd Among Protesters In Philadelphia During DNC, Calls It ‘Poetic’ Experience
- Hillary Clinton Addresses DNC, Young Girls After Historic Nomination
- Police Detain Protesters, Several Attempt To Enter Secure Area Near DNC