By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Dressing for back-to-school is cool. So what popular styles will students be wearing this year?
Grunge and rocker chic inspired clothing will be popular says Rakia Reynolds, fashion trend expert and president of Skai Blue Media in Philadelphia. She has also been school shopping with her 11-year-old daughter.
“Full skirts with sneakers and full skirts with the Dr. Martens,” Reynolds says. “And we just got her a pair of floral they’re called eclectic Dr. Martens. They’re black with flowers all over them and they have a thin sole.”
Reynolds says even those who have to wear uniforms to school are expected to personalize their looks with headwear, back packs, eye glasses and blazers with accented details.
She says students will also be rocking bright colors, metallic’s and plaids.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Holiday Toy Drive Honors Memory Of Young Girl Who Lost Battle With Cancer
- Police: Video Captures Suspect Taking Holiday Decorations From Home
- U-Haul Truck Fire Blocking Lanes On Route 309 In Montgomery County
- Campbell Buys Food Brand Snyder’s-Lance For Nearly $5 Billion
- 1 Dead, Another Injured After Being Hit By Car In South Jersey