Back-To-School Means Wearing What’s Cool
By John McDevitt
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Dressing for back-to-school is cool. So what popular styles will students be wearing this year?
Grunge and rocker chic inspired clothing will be popular says Rakia Reynolds, fashion trend expert and president of Skai Blue Media in Philadelphia. She has also been school shopping with her 11-year-old daughter.
“Full skirts with sneakers and full skirts with the Dr. Martens,” Reynolds says. “And we just got her a pair of floral they’re called eclectic Dr. Martens. They’re black with flowers all over them and they have a thin sole.”
Reynolds says even those who have to wear uniforms to school are expected to personalize their looks with headwear, back packs, eye glasses and blazers with accented details.
She says students will also be rocking bright colors, metallic’s and plaids.
Check Out These Other Stories:
- Homeless Kitchen Says Food Donations Down, Needs Help
- Local Doctors Using New Procedure To Open Blocked Leg Arteries And Keep Them Open
- Survey Finds Many NJ Businesses Having Difficulty Providing Health Care Insurance For Employees
- Local Serial DUI Offender Sentenced To 4-8 Years In Prison
- The Owners Of the Ebola.com Score Six Figure Payday