PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Pedigree has initiated a voluntary recall of 22 bags of PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food due to the possible presence of a foreign material, according to their website.
The affected bags were sold in Dollar General stores in four states and, while the small metal fragments are not embedded in the food itself, it may present a risk of injury if consumed.
Pedigree says they are working with Dollar General to ensure that the recalled product is no longer sold and is removed from inventory.
Only 15 pound bags of PEDIGREE® Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food sold at 12 Dollar General stores in Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Louisiana with the production code 432C1KKM03 printed on the back of the bag near the UPC and a Best Before date of 8/5/15 are included in this voluntary recall.
The company says no other PEDIGREE® products are affected, including any other variety of dry dog food, wet dog food or dog treats.
UPC: 23100 10944
DESCRIPTION: PEDIGREE® Brand Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food in 15 pound bags
Mars Petcare can be reached at 1-800-305-5206 if you have questions.
For more information visit: http://pedigree.com/update/
You may also be interested in:
- Some Heartburn Medications Could Be Causing Kidney Damage
- NJ Authorities Seek Man They Say Committed Lewd Act While Hiding In Bushes
- 3 On Your Side: Etiquette Classes For Millennials
- Atlantic City Police Save Man From Burning Car
- 63-Year-Old Man Beaten, Robbed In Delco, Authorities Call Suspects ‘Cowards’