PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The phones at the Sixers offices must ring constantly. According to ESPN’s Marc Stein, the Sixers and Thunder have agreed to a trade that will send Hasheem Thabeet and cash considerations to the Sixers.
The Sixers will essentially absorb Thabeet’s contract for the Thunder. Oklahoma City will create for themselves a $1.25 million trade exception for shipping away Thabeet without taking on any salary.
Stein reports that the Sixers are expected to immediately release Thabeet upon completion of the trade.
Thabeet was drafted with the second overall pick back in 2009. Since then he has averaged just 2.2 points and 2.7 rebounds in five NBA seasons. His stay in Philadelphia does not appear to be one that will last very long.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- NFL Picks Week 4: Vikings Remain Perfect While Jaguars Grab First Win
- CBS Sports’ Dan Fouts Talks Dolphins-Bengals On TNF, Bills-Pats Sunday
- On The Rise: Matthew Fitzpatrick And European Tour’s Next Generation
- 3-0 Eagles Now Have 10th Shortest Super Bowl Odds
- Villanova Visits Elon Saturday, Looking For Fourth Straight Win