Report: Sixers Trade For And Plan To Waive Hasheem Thabeet
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The phones at the Sixers offices must ring constantly. According to ESPN’s Marc Stein, the Sixers and Thunder have agreed to a trade that will send Hasheem Thabeet and cash considerations to the Sixers.
The Sixers will essentially absorb Thabeet’s contract for the Thunder. Oklahoma City will create for themselves a $1.25 million trade exception for shipping away Thabeet without taking on any salary.
Stein reports that the Sixers are expected to immediately release Thabeet upon completion of the trade.
Thabeet was drafted with the second overall pick back in 2009. Since then he has averaged just 2.2 points and 2.7 rebounds in five NBA seasons. His stay in Philadelphia does not appear to be one that will last very long.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Howard Scores Career-High 18, Penn Beats Dartmouth 58-51
- Carter-Williams Leads Sixers Past Timberwolves 103-94
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather
- 76ers Host Thad Young And The Timberwolves Tonight
- Philly Soccer Show: Union Rookie Wants To Play As Team Prepares For 2015 Campaign