PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The phones at the Sixers offices must ring constantly. According to ESPN’s Marc Stein, the Sixers and Thunder have agreed to a trade that will send Hasheem Thabeet and cash considerations to the Sixers.
The Sixers will essentially absorb Thabeet’s contract for the Thunder. Oklahoma City will create for themselves a $1.25 million trade exception for shipping away Thabeet without taking on any salary.
Stein reports that the Sixers are expected to immediately release Thabeet upon completion of the trade.
Thabeet was drafted with the second overall pick back in 2009. Since then he has averaged just 2.2 points and 2.7 rebounds in five NBA seasons. His stay in Philadelphia does not appear to be one that will last very long.
Check Out These Sports Stories:
- Topps Selling Baseball Card Collection For Over $20,000
- Eagles Week 14 Injury Report: Jordan Matthews And Ryan Mathews Expected To Return
- What To Look For In Eagles/Redskins Sunday
- Jeff Hardy Opens Up About TNA Wrestling, Concussion Fears, New Album
- Watch: PSU Fan Surprised With Rose Bowl Tickets Breaks Down