OCEAN TOWNSHIP, NJ (CBS) — Police arrested and charged a mother after they found her unconscious and under the influence of heroin inside of a car with her two-year-old son.
On August 23 around 6:14 p.m., an officer responded to the area of State Highway 35 and West Park to investigate a report of an unconscious woman in a vehicle.
Upon arrival, the officer found 34-year-old Candice Victor, of Toms River, and her two-year-old son inside of a car in a parking lot.
Authorities determined Victor was under the influence of heroin and she was transported to Monmouth Medical Center for treatment.
An investigation revealed Victor was in possession of five bags of heroin, nine hypodermic syringes and other drug paraphernalia.
Victor’s two-year-old son was turned over to an officer of the New Jersey Department of Child Protection and Permanency.
Victor was arrested and charged with possession of heroin, possession of a hypodermic syringe, possession of drug paraphernalia and child endangerment.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Study: 1 In 3 High School Students Reported Traveling With Driver Who’d Been Drinking
- Man Dies In California Botulism Outbreak From Nacho-Cheese
- Man Wearing MAGA Hat Disrupts, Delays NJ-Bound Flight
- Children Should Not Be Given Fruit Juice Before Age 1, According To New Pediatric Guidelines
- Robots Could Wipe Out Another 6 Million Retail Jobs