By Tony Hanson
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — The jury in the trial of a woman charged with kidnapping a 5-year-old girl from a West Philadelphia elementary school and then sexually assaulting her has seen surveillance video of the abduction on the first day of trial.
And a witness testified exactly how it happened.
Reginald Littlejohn has testified he just started as a substitute teacher in that kindergarten class, and on that busy morning children had just arrived.
Some parents were coming and going when a woman covered up by muslim garments, covering everything but her eyes and maybe part of her nose, identified herself as the girl’s mother.
The woman said she had already signed the girl out in the main office, and soon after they left together.
Littlejohn could not identify her, but authorities say it was defendant Christina Regusters, who had cared for the child at a local daycare.
Regusters has pleaded not guilty, and the defense contends it’s a case of mistaken identity.
- Police: SEPTA Officer Attacked By Man In Philadelphia
- Trump: Senate GOP Needs To Fulfill Promise To End ‘Obamacare Nightmare’
- Police: Suspect Installed Skimming Devices In Folcroft
- Residents Grow Frustrated As Neighbor Remains Free Following Deadly Shooting
- FDA: Caribeña Brand Maradol Papayas Linked To Salmonella Outbreak