By Steve Beck
REHOBOTH, Del. (CBS) — A Delaware man is behind bars after he was arrested and charged with his 5th DUI offense.
Andrew J. Trala, 50, was arrested Monday night after police say he crashed a dump truck he was driving on Old Landing Road in Rehoboth.
According to investigators, Trala was driving a Sterling dump truck when he lost control of the vehicle and it overturned onto a grassy shoulder.
A trailer that was attached to the truck also overturned, causing the paving equipment that was being hauled to break free and strike two utility poles.
Trala ran from the scene, but he was later tracked down at the Red Mill Inn on Coastal Highway and taken into custody.
In addition to being charged with Driving Under the Influence, Trala is also facing charges of Leaving the Scene of a Property Damage Collision, Driving While Suspended or Revoked, Driving a Commercial Vehicle without an Endorsement, Escaping Contents and other traffic related offenses.
Trala has previous convictions of DUI in 1992, 1998, 2002 and 2010.
After being arraigned, Trala was taken to the Sussex Correctional Institution on $9,202 cash bond.
Must Read Today’s Top Talkers:
- Ohio Zoo Closes Gorilla Exhibit For Now After Boy Falls In
- Python Bites Thai Man’s Penis In Terrifying Toilet Encounter
- Study: Six Hour Workdays Make Workers Happier, More Efficient
- Researchers: Some Pains Can Be Caused By “Dormant Butt Syndrome”
- Born In ’97, World’s First Surviving Septuplets Graduate High School